Charles P. Baylis
Professor of Bible Exposition
B.S.E., University of Michigan, 1970; M.B.A., Eastern Michigan University, 1978; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1985; Th.D., 1989.
Dr. Charlie Baylis and his wife, Sharon, lives in the Tampa, Florida area, but currently is a resident Dallas campus professor. He has taught for many years at the Seminary’s extensions and continues to enjoy teaching at the extension sites on a regular basis. In addition to teaching in a variety of contexts, he is a conference speaker and also serves as an adjunct faculty member at Word of Life International. Dr. Baylis has authored several articles for journals and periodicals. He enjoys family activities as well as exploring the biblical sites in Israel, Turkey, Greece and Italy.
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE103 - Old Testament History II and Poetry
- BE104 - Old Testament Prophets
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE106 - Acts and Pauline Epistles
- BE107 - Hebrews, General Epistles, and Revelation
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, and Selected Epistles
- BE405 - Exposition of Genesis
- BE430 - The Sermon on the Mount
- BE505 - The Kingdom and Covenants
- The Story of the Lost Son (Luke 15:11-32) - (02/14/2013)
- "Naomi in the Book of Ruth in Light of the Mosaic Covenant." Bibliotheca Sacra 161, no. 644 (2004). 413-31.
- "The Meaning of Walking "In the Darkness" (1 John 1:6)." Bibliotheca Sacra 149, no. 594 (1992). 214-22.
- "Repentance in the Book of Acts in Light of Deuteronomy 30:1-6." Michigan Theological Journal 1, no. 1 (1990). 19-34.
- "The Woman Caught in Adultery : A Test of Jesus As the Greater Prophet." Bibliotheca Sacra 146, no. 582 (1989). 171-84.
- Narrative and epistolary study of the books of the Bible
- The biblical story
- Family activities
- Local church activities
- Exploring biblical sites