David K. Lowery
Senior Professor of New Testament Studies
BA, The King’s College, 1971; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1975; PhD, University of Aberdeen, 1987; postdoctoral study, Tübingen University.
Dr. Lowery has been involved in church planting and ministry for over three decades in Vermont and Texas. He and his wife, Deb, have three children, who attended DTS and married classmates. All six are graduates of the seminary. He and Deb also have six grandchildren. He serves as an elder in a church (EFCA) pastored by one son and is writing a commentary on Matthew with another son. Their son-in-law and daughter are staff members at a church (PCA) in Tennessee. Dr. Lowery has contributed to the New American Standard Bible and the NET Bible. He has taught in Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean and the South Pacific. His particular areas of focus in the New Testament are Matthew, Mark and Paul's letters.
- NT105 - Exegesis of Romans
- NT2010 - Crit & Theo of Matthew-Mark
- NT2035 - Sem on Apocalyptic Genre
- NT103 - Intermediate Greek
- NT104 - Intro to NT Exegesis
- NT113 - New Testament Introduction
- NT210 - Rapid Greek Reading
- BS1002 - NT Backgrounds
- NT1001 - History of NT Interp & Crit
- NT1002 - NT Theology
- Bible Knowledge Key Word Study: The Gospels: John Cook Communications: 2002
- “2 Corinthians” in Bible Knowledge Key Word Study: Acts-Ephesians Cook Communications: 2006
- “Validation” in Interpreting the New Testament Crossway: 2006
- “The Lord's Day” in Evangelical Dictionary of Theology Baker: 2001
- “Matthew, Theology of” in Evangelical Dictionary of Theology Baker: 2001
- “Mark, John” in The Complete Who's Who in the Bible Marshall and Pickering: 1996
- “A Theology of Matthew” in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament Moody: 1994
- “A Theology of Mark” in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament Moody: 1994
- “A Theology of Paul's Missionary Epistles” in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament Moody: 1994
- “Evidence from Matthew” in The Case for Premillenialism Moody: 1993
- “Christ, The End of the Law in Romans 10:4” in Dispensationalism, Israel and the Church: The Search for Definition Zondervan: 1992
- “1 Corinthians” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary Scripture Press: 1983
- “2 Corinthians” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary Scripture Press: 1983
- Lowery, David K., "Becoming All Things." Moody July-August (2001). 30-34.
- Lowery, David K., "A Command to Love." Decision February (1997). 31-35.
- Lowery, David K., "The Head Covering and Lord's Supper in 1 Cor 11:2-34." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 155-163.
- Backgrounds of early Christianity