John W. Reed
Senior Professor Emeritus of Pastoral Ministries, Director Emeritus of the D.Min. Program (Retired)
BA, Bryan College, 1951; MDiv, Grace Theological Seminary, 1954; MA, Bowling Green State University, 1961; PhD, Ohio State University, 1966.
Dr. Reed has been a vital part of the Dallas Seminary faculty since 1970. Listed in Outstanding Educators of America, Dr. Reed also is recognized for his vast pastoral experience, which includes 40 years of pastoral ministry, and military chaplaincy in the United States Air Force Reserve. In addition, he is a member of the National Guard Association of Texas. He currently volunteers as a mentor/advisor to students in the D.Min. program while pastoring a church in Dallas. Together he and his wife Erris have six grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
- PM103 - Expository Preaching I
- PM104 - Expository Preaching II
- DM102 - Applied Research Project Development Seminar
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- DM305 - Selected Topics of Christian
- DM405 - Selected Topics of Communication Issues in Today's Ministry
- DM410 - Homiletics Practicum
- DM460 - Long-term Sermon Planning to Facilitate Life Change
- DM505 - Selected Topics of Administration and Development Issues in Today's Ministry
- PM753 - Dramatizing Scripture
- Telling Stories to Touch the Heart: How to Use Stories to Communicate God's Truth: Wipf & Stock Publishers: 2001
- Moody's Bible Characters Come Alive : With Many Dramatic Episodes: Baker: 1997
- 1100 Illustrations from the Writings of D.L. Moody : For Teachers, Preachers, and Writers: Baker: 1996
- The Power Sermon : Countdown to Quality Messages for Maximum Impact: Baker: 1993
- Beating the Clock: Today Publishers Inc.: 1985
- “Visualizing the Big Idea : Stories That Support Rather Than Steal.” in Big Idea of Biblical Preaching Baker: 1998
- "Review of 'The Power of Praying Together.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 159, no. 634 (2002). 253-254.
- "Review of 'Firestorm: Preventing and Overcoming Church Conflicts.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 157, no. 627 (2000). 382-382.
- "Review of 'Anointed Expository Preaching.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 157, no. 625 (2000). 118-118.
- "Review of 'A Passion for Souls: the Life of D L Moody.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 118-118.
- "Review of 'The Hand of the Mighty: Right and Wrong Uses of Our Power.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 151 (1994). 124-125.
- "Review of 'How to Survive in the Ministry.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 150 (1993). 383-383.
- "Review of 'The Vanishing Ministry.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 149 (1992). 254-254.
- Performing first-person narratives