J. Scott Horrell
Professor of Theological Studies
AB, Seattle Pacific University, 1971; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1977; ThD, 1988; Visiting Scholar, Tyndale House, Cambridge, England, 1993.
Dr. Horrell has been a missionary and theologian in various world cultures, in addition to evangelism and church-planting with World Team, InterVarsity, and Youth with a Mission (YWAM). Along with teaching in several seminaries and cofounding and editing a leading Latin American theological journal, he has written several books in Portuguese and English. He serves as adjunct faculty at SETECA (Guatemala), JETS (Jordan), and CDL (Mozambique). He desires to strengthen believers in the doctrinal truths of the Bible, a Trinitarian framework of life, and an understanding of global Christian faith.
- ST102 - Trinitarianism
- ST104 - Soteriology
- ST295 - Systematic Theology Colloquium
- ST415 - Theology & World Religions
- ST101 - Theological Method and Bibliology
- ST103 - Angelology, Anthropology, & Hamartiology
- TS2005 - Sem in Systematic Theology
- DM103 - Applied Research Project
- Exploring Christian Theology: Creation, Fall, and Salvation: Bethany House Publishers: 2015
- Exploring Christian Theology: The Church, Spiritual Growth, and the End Times: Bethany House Publishers: 2014
- From the Ground up : New Testament Foundations for the 21st Century Church: Kregel: 2004
- Maçonaria E Fé Cristã : Fraternidade Benefícente Ou Religião Pagã? : Uma Análise a Partir Do Contexto Brasileiro: Editora Mundo Cristão: 1995
- Ultrapassando Barreiras: Sociedade Religiosa Edições Vida Nova: 1994
- Masonry and the Christian Faith: Mundo Cristao: 1753
- “The Eternal Son of God in the Social Trinity” in Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Introductory Christology B&H Academic: 2007
- “” in 20th Century Dictionary of Christian Biography Baker: 1995
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Doing Theology: An International Task." Evangelical Missions Quarterly 41, no. 4 (2005). 474-78.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Toward a Biblical Model of the Social Trinity: Avoiding Equivocation of Nature and Order." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 47, no. 3 (2004). 399-421.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Sete Argumentos Contra O Estudo Da Teologia." Vox Scripturae 8 (1998). 51-60.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Overview of Brazilian Theology." Vox Scripturae 7 (1997). 85-111.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "O Deus Trino Que Se Dá, a Imago Dei E a Natureza Da Igreja Local." Vox Scripturae 6 (1996). 243-262.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Uma Cosmovisão Trinitária." Vox Scripturae 4 (1994). 55-77.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Maçonaria : Tensões E Perguntas." Vox Scripturae 3 (1993). 73-100.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Jesus Cristo : Deus E Homem: a Relevância Da Cristologia Clássica Para a América Latina." Vox Scripturae 2 (1992). 3-27.
- Horrell, J. Scott, "Arte : Uma Perspectiva Cristã." Vox Scripturae 1 (1991). 15-39.
- World Christianity
- World religions
- Missions again
- Exec. Board
- Children’s Relief International (VP Overseas operations)