Steve J. Strauss
Department Chair and Professor of World Missions and Intercultural Studies
BA, Bryan College, 1976; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1980; PhD, Trinity International University, 1997.
Dr. Steve Strauss joined DTS as Professor of World Missions and Intercultural Studies in January 2010. Previously, he served 8 years as Director of SIM U.S.A. (www.sim.org) and 19 years as a missionary with SIM in Ethiopia. While there, Dr. Strauss helped establish three theological schools, served as assistant pastor of the International Evangelical Church of Addis Ababa, and taught in churches throughout Africa and India. He holds a Th.M. from DTS and Ph.D. from Trinity International University. His research focuses on the contextualization of theology, the theology of mission, and the changing face of the worldwide church. Dr. Strauss and his wife have three married children.
- Encountering Theology of Mission: Biblical Foundations, Historical Developments, and Contemporary Issues (Encountering Mission): Baker Academic: 2010
- Attemehro Kristotsina Dehenenet (The Doctrine of Christ and Salvation): Bible Based Books - SIM Publications: 2005
- Contextualization of theology
- Theology of mission
- Mission history
- Cross-cultural theological education and leadership development
- Anthropology and ethnography
- African studies
- Current issues in missions