Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply?
You can apply online at www.dts.edu/apply. Graduate enrollment requires a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Can I receive advanced standing and transfer credit?
- You sure can. Advanced standing credit for up to one-fourth of most degree programs can be earned by passing the appropriate proficiency exams. We also accept transfer credit, up to one-half of most program requirements, from other accredited seminaries and graduate schools.
- What if I went to a bible college?
- Let us know! Depending on the school you attended and the courses taken, you may be eligible for Bible Exposition substitution. In other words, we’ll replace a basic required Bible course with an advanced elective so that you don’t have to repeat similar content.
- Is financial aid available?
- Absolutely! Last year, DTS students received more than $2.5 million in financial aid. General scholarship funds are available as well as specialized funds for American-born minorities and international students. An interest-free payment plan is available for tuition and books to eligible students. Low-cost group health insurance is also available.
- What about housing?
- DTS is committed to providing quality, economical housing that supports the mission of DTS by encouraging spiritual growth and community in two on-campus apartment facilities.
- How can I find a job in Dallas?
- Once you are admitted to DTS, you gain access to the seminary’s job board, an online tool that lists jobs from local employers who frequently seek seminary students to ll positions. Our Internship of ce also assists students with part-time employment with churches and parachurch organizations throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Access to the DTS Job Board for both secular and ministry opportunities is available to all students at www.dts.edu/jobs.
- Is there job placement assistance after graduation?
- Yes! After graduation our Placement office works with you to help you find a ministry position. Our graduates serve in church and parachurch ministries, missions, Bible colleges and seminaries, and in a number of other fields. Many also go on to further study after completing one of our degrees. Our placement record is excellent.
- What is your doctrinal position?
While our faculty and board annually affirm their agreement with our entire doctrinal statement, students need only affirm these seven essentials:
- the authority and inerrancy of Scripture
- the Trinity
- the full deity and humanity of Christ
- the spiritual lostness of the human race
- the substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ
- salvation by faith alone in Christ alone/li>
- the physical return of Christ