Placement: Alumni and Current Students
We provide alumni and graduating students with practical guidance and encouragement in the ministry search through:
- Resumé Development
- Referral Service
- Interview, Candidating, and Compensation Guidance
- Apply for DTS placement services with our confidential online placement application
- Current students should enter placement 9 – 12 months before graduation.
- MBTS, MACS (formerly MA[BS]), and CGS (formerly CBTS) graduates are generally not accepted into placement services since these programs do not train for vocational ministry.
- Pay the $35 annual fee. NOTE: graduating students get their first 12 months free
- Once approved, use your login and password to access the Ministry Opportunities Listing (MOL), our online job database.
We offer you the following placement services depending on your degree program:
|Interview Consultation1||Career Goals Session2||Resumé Review||Eligible to view associate pastor, youth pastor, children's pastor, director positions, etc.3||Eligible to view 100% of listings on MOL (including senior pastor positions)4|
1 The Placement Office provides interview advice and direction on how to follow up with phone calls and emails.
2 The Placement Office provides career and placement advice. We can discuss potential career options for a session reviewing career goals.
3 Some consideration will be given to those who have 10 years' ministry experience.
4 For MABC, MAMW, and MABEL students, the Placement Office will partner with your department to help find you a position, as we receive limited placement offerings for these programs.
- The Placement Process - a step-by-step guide to your post-seminary job search (PDF)
- Resumé Recommendations (PDF)
- Video Resumé Tips (PDF)
- Sample Cover Letter (PDF)
- Candidating (PDF)
- Interview Questions (PDF)
- Pastoral Compensation (PDF)
- LPC Requirements by State
Create your own resumé or use examples below. Word and PowerPoint offer additional free templates to download. To make sure your resumé can be printed and read easily, choose a template with a simple background and clear text. Save final resumé as a pdf.
The placement office at DTS is committed to doing all we can to facilitate the placement of our graduates in various ministries both nationally and internationally. We encourage candidates to film a video resume to enhance their interview process.
A video resume allows you to stand out among other candidates and directly to ministry partners. It is a way for candidates to go beyond traditional methods of applying for positions to make a better first impression. In two to three minutes, your video resume will display your communication skills, personality and passion for ministry. There is a fee of $30.00 for your video to cover filming and editing costs.
Please read our Video Resumé Tips for guidelines that will help you prepare for your video. To schedule your filming session, feel free to either stop by the Placement Office in Walvoord Student Center (2nd floor), email us at email@example.com, or call us at 214-887-5106.