Good Steward Information
The Good Steward is a monthly newsletter emailed to current students. It includes important information from Financial Aid and the Business Office to supplement general information provided on this page.
Business Office Information
Cashier: The Cashier can cash checks up to $50.00. There is a drop box on the 3rd floor of Davidson for payments made after hours (checks only—Please include ID# on check). The Cashier accepts only cash or checks at the Cashier window.
Debit/Credit Cards/Electronic Check Payments: No Debit/Credit Card payments for tuition or rent are accepted at the Cashier Window. Payments to DTS on your Student account or rent account can be made as follows:
- Cash-Cash is accepted at the DTS cashier located on the third floor of Davidson on the Dallas campus.
- Check-Checks are accepted either in person at the DTS cashier, online at the bottom of your student account statement ($.50 convenience fee applies), or by mailing payment to Attn:Cashier, DTS, 3909 Swiss Ave., Dallas, TX, 75204. All Checks need to be in US currency or drawn from a US bank.
- Credit/Debit Card-ONLINE ONLY-NO CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS ARE TAKEN AT THE DTS CASHIER OR OVER THE PHONE. Online credit/debit card payments are accepted at the bottom of your student account statement (2.75% convenience fee applies). Credit/Debit cards accepted are Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. VISA CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED. Fees cover the cost of Processing the online payments-DTS does not receive any portion of the convenience fee.
Always check your Student Account Statement to make sure your account is current: Any delinquent balance on your account can affect what you are able to do on Campus Net, including viewing your grades or registering for the upcoming semester. A delinquent balance may result in having additional late payment fees added to your account, holds placed on your account, or classes dropped. To view your account, please go to your "Student Account Statement" on Campus Net. Your "Estimated Bill" will not show any previous semester balances or credits on your account. You will always receive an email the week after activity has taken place on your student account to keep you informed of activity or changes made.
Credit Balances: Credit balances on your account may remain on your account, may be refunded to you, or may be used as an adjustment to your TMS.
Your Contact Information: Please keep your primary contact information, including your address, email address and phone number, current so we may contact you if necessary! You may update your information on Campus Net.
General Information from the Financial Aid Office
Emergency Aid: In the event of unexpected needs, applications are available for emergency aid. Most student requests are between $300-500. Application forms are available in the Financial Aid Office.
Need to raise support? Over 40 % of DTS students are receiving support from church, family, and friends. Handouts providing examples and guidelines for writing support letters are available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Loan Deadlines (Dallas, Houston, and Online Students Only): To apply for a Direct Loan, a government loan that must be repaid, your paperwork must be submitted to Financial Aid by April 1st for the Summer, May 31st for the Fall Semester, and November 1st for the Spring semester. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours to qualify.
Direct Loan Borrower Requirements (Dallas, Houston, and Online Students Only):
Are You Making S.A.P.?
What is 'S.A.P.' and what does it have to do with you? "S.A.P." stands for "Satisfactory Academic Progress." In order to be eligible to borrow from the Direct Loan program, a student must satisfactorily complete a minimum number of hours per academic year based on his/her degree program. The academic year begins at the start of the fall semester and ends after summer school is completed.
- ThM students must complete 16 credit hours per academic year.
- MA/BC students must complete 13 credit hours per academic year.
- STM students must complete 12 credit hours per academic year.
- All other MA students must complete 10 credit hours per academic year.
Completed courses must have a minimum passing grade of "D-". Courses attempted but not completed, such as withdrawals, are not considered satisfactorily completed. If you do not make satisfactory academic progress, you will be ineligible to participate in the Direct Loan for the following academic year. Be sure to plan accordingly! If you have any questions, please contact Beth in Financial Aid at 214-887-5223 or by email.
Are you keeping your lender up-to-date? If not, your disbursement may be delayed!
Student-borrowers must notify their lenders, in writing, within 10 days if they:
- Change their names, addresses, telephone numbers, or graduation dates
- Transfer to another school
- Enroll for less than half time (6 hours)
- Withdraw from school
More Scholarship Opportunities! Please see the pink scholarship list, available from Financial Aid, for additional scholarship information and deadlines! Requests to receive a copy by email can be sent to email@example.com.