The Housing Office keeps a list of people who need housing (“guest”) as well as those who want to sublease their apartment and/or room (“resident”) during the Winter/Summer Sessions. While we will do our best to accommodate all requests, we are unable to make any guarantees to either party. All guests must be DTS students and be eligible to live in the campus apartments or immediate family members of on-campus residents. Priority must be given to students in town for Winter/Summer classes.
- If a sublease arrangement is made privately between the resident and guest, it is still necessary to obtain approval from the Housing Office. Both parties are required to complete the appropriate paperwork. Failure to obtain approval or complete forms will result in a $25 fine to the resident.
- The Housing Office will advise potential guests of any sublease opportunities based upon the information provided by the resident. While the resident is still residing in their apartment, the potential guest will be given the resident’s information and will be requested to contact the resident directly.
- After the resident has left, the Housing Office will, at the resident’s request, place guests as appropriate and will send an e-mail notification to the resident.
- Washington Hall and Swiss Tower Residents may now set their own nightly rates for their apartment sublease. That rate (Plus a $6.00 administrative fee) will be charged to the guest for the apartment they stay in. The guest will pay the Housing Office (check, cash, money order, cashier’s check made payable to DTS, sorry no credit cards) for their stay when they sign their Sublease Agreement and then the Housing Office will deposit payment into the resident’s rent account as a credit.
- The resident will determine what the guest is permitted to use (dishes, food, closet space, towels/sheets, etc.) and/or may need to do (water plants, feed fish, etc.) while subleasing the apartment and should discuss this with the guest. There is no food plan associated with subleasing.
- The guest must inform the Housing Office of the day and approximate time that they will be arriving for coordination with the apartment manager. Seminary holidays, Early morning (before 9 am), late evening (after 8 pm), or Sunday arrivals outside of the hours of 2-4 pm or 6-8 pm are not permitted, so please make arrangements to arrive at an appropriate time.
- The air conditioner must be kept on during the summer as condensation accumulates if it is turned off. We suggest that the thermostat be set to at least 75 degrees and have suggested that residents leave a reminder note in the apartment for any guests to do the same when they leave so that the electric bill isn’t expensive for cooling an empty apartment!
- Both parties will need to CLEAN THE APARTMENT BEFORE LEAVING!!!!! DTS is neither responsible nor liable for the condition of the apartment upon arrival of either party. If a guest feels that the apartment is not clean or is too crowded with furnishings the guest is free to cancel.
If needing housing while at Dallas Theological Seminary, download this form.
Because local students often do not know of their plans until last minute, we will not have a list of available subleases until close to the period of residency. Because of this, we do not take sublease requests until April 1st (for Summer) or November 1st (for Winter Intercession).