Mail, Books, and Copies
DTS Campus Post Office
- The Campus Post Office, located on Swiss Avenue at Haskell (next to Luke's Ministries), will be open to serve you Mon.—Fri. from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Students who need to pick up packages before or after these hours are welcome to call the Campus Post Office during business hours at 214-887-5296 and arrangements will be made for you to get a key for a locked cabinet in which your package can be retrieved.
- Postal Services
- Stamps, envelopes, and postcards may be purchased. Express, priority, certified, and insured services are available. Next-day services, such as Air Borne and Federal Express are also available before 3 p.m. each day.
- Packages (domestic and international) may be mailed at the DTS Post Office. All packages must be properly wrapped with packing tape and/or mailers. No string, masking tape, or cellophane tape will be accepted.
- First Class Mail
- Outgoing mail is picked up from the Post Office at 1 p.m., Mon.–Fri. There is a mailbox on the corner of Swiss and St. Joseph in which you may deposit outgoing mail after 1 p.m.
- Lost and Found Service
- Items found on campus are kept for 3 weeks in the mailroom.
- Car Lights On
- Report the current DTS sticker number to security, and a notice will be placed in the student’s box.
- Boxes are provided for current students only. Graduating students should give a change of address card to the DTS Post Office, as your box will be closed after 1 month of graduation. Former students may not retain their box or have mail put in another student’s box. Mail will be forwarded for 6 months.
- Personal Mail
- Please include your box number on all correspondence.
- If you need to distribute memos through the Post Office, they must have box numbers on them and be submitted in box number order.
- Post Office Boxes
- Please keep your mailbox closed and locked for security purposes. Notify Post Office personnel if you have a problem with your box. Do not jam the locks with tape, paper clips, etc. Combination cards have been given to you. If you do not know your combination you may get another copy of your combination through the DTS Post Office. Please do not ask Post Office personnel to retrieve your mail for you or open your box. We will be glad to assist you in learning to open your box.
- If you will be gone for the summer or are graduating, please leave your forwarding address with the DTS Post Office. Forms are available upon request.
- Memos and Papers from Students
All general messages to the entire student body or to individual class should be posted on the appropriate bulletin board and/or have the message printed in the Kerygma by contacting the Student Services Department. Memos requiring a response should clearly indicate where items are to be returned in designated slots at the DTS Post Office. Responses should not be directed to a student’s box. See DTS Post Office in advance to reserve a mail slot. Only Seminary-related materials will be distributed to students. This means memos related to business or church advertisements may not be circulated to students through the boxes. Bulletin board space is provided for these items, but all postings must be approved by Student Services. Memos to be placed distributed to student boxes must be approved by Student Services as well. On-campus correspondence must be at least 3”x 5” or placed in an inter-office envelope and placed in the appropriate slots to the right of the Post Office window. No food items will be placed in student boxes.
If you have further questions or need further details regarding any of the above information, please feel free to stop by the DTS Post Office located on the first floor of the Walvoord Student Center. We are here to serve you.
The Seminary Book Center has been our students’ favorite place to shop for many years. Why? Almost every book is discounted 20 percent. That’s right—textbooks, gift books, and even most special order books can be bought for 20 percent off the retail price! Got a cookbook you need? 20 percent off. A favorite thriller? 20 percent off. If you don’t see a book you want, ask us. We can special order just about anything. And you know that you’ll be saving 20 percent off almost all those texts for classes. You can also charge your books with a MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express card and receive the same discount. Also, check out our website at bookcenter.dts.edu to search our inventory day or night.
Stock up with back-to-school supplies, snacks, and DTS clothing. Some hot new commodities in clothing include our Greek and Hebrew T-shirts. The bookstore is also a great source for music. All of our Christian music is 15 percent off the retail price (including new music and special orders). We have listening stations to help you with your selections. Don’t forget your loved ones. The Book Center has all sorts of gift items, greeting cards and gift wrap to let them know how much you care.
Are you in need of an Apple computer? We sell all Macs at educational discounted prices. How about software? If you need software such as Office XP Pro, Office X for Mac, or Photoshop, our academic prices can’t be beat. We also have the best Bible software such as Accordance, BibleWorks and Logos. Feel free to stop by and see us. We would be more than happy to demo our PowerBook laptop, iMac or eMac. Come by and visit us. You’ll be glad you did!
Textbooks Ordering Tips
Follow this procedure to find out the texts you need:
- Under the Go To, choose textbooks.
- Select “Order Books Online” button.
- Choose credit card or student bank.
- Select the titles you want by checking the boxes on the right, or print the list and come to the Book Center to place your order.
Buy only the books that are required for your course(s). Wait until after the first class to buy suggested books. Sometimes suggested books have to be read cover-to-cover, but other times they’re just meant to supplement the course. (I know, I know. There are some books you can’t resist. I buy some of the suggested early, but only those I’d read even if I wasn’t taking the class.) Please buy only the books for the courses and sections for which you are enrolled. If you buy texts for other courses, we will run out of them for the students who are enrolled in those courses. After the first 4 weeks, all of the textbooks are available for anyone to purchase.
Pay attention to course changes. Different professors often have entirely different books for the same course.
From time to time, publishers are late in sending a specific book to us, or we run out of a text. Please special order it if you want the book. Every year students go without because we don’t know how many still need the book.
In order for us to keep giving discounts, we can only take returns or exchanges within 48 hours of the time of purchase (not including special orders or computer sales). The returned book or Bible must be unused and unmarked. Music and software must remain shrink-wrapped and unopened. You must have the dated receipt—no exceptions. Purchases made by credit card will be returned to the credit card, student account to student account, etc. (Of course, we will replace defective books anytime, and if you drop a class we will give credit with a drop slip for books in new condition within the first two weeks of the semester.)
Copy Center (Mail Services Building)
At the Copy Center (M-F 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.) you can:
- laminate—we have three sizes of lamination material: wallet size, letter size, and 11 x 17.
- punch and spiral bind—pay for your materials and do it yourself.
- fax—local faxes are free (long-distance faxes require a calling card or credit card).
- copy in black/white and color—the self-service copier will auto feed, collate, and staple.
- leave your copying for us to do at a reduced cost—we require at least two days advance notice to complete your work.
- purchase paper—by the sheet or by the ream.
- Campus Police
- Center for Christian Leadership and Cultural Engagement
- Distance Education
- Event Services
- Facilities & Plant Operations
- Financial Aid
- Hendricks Center
- Institutional Research & Effectiveness
- International Student Office
- Lay Institute
- Luke's Ministries
- Mail, Books, and Copies
- Media Center
- Web Development