Evangelical Training Association is an association of seminaries, colleges, universities, institutes, and churches who are committed to providing quality training resources for teaching through the local church. Dallas Seminary is a member of this fine organization. As a result, graduating students who have completed a minimum of 12 semester hours of Bible courses, 15 semester hours of ministry courses, have experience in ministry with at least one age-group category, have at least beginning teaching skills, and receive the endorsement of the school are eligible to apply for certification through ETA. In short, any student who is graduating from a master's program at DTS is eligible for ETA certification.
What are the benefits of ETA certification?
- An internationally-recognized teacher certification diploma (cost is $12—this is the only fee associated with membership)
- Exclusive permission to use ETA training materials (print, audio, and video resources)
- Free copy of one of their 17 Classroom Series titles
- Free subscription to quarterly newsletter, Profile
- Free ministry counsel when needed by professional ETA staff
ETA is an internationally-known and well-respected teacher training organization. Their materials are excellent and can be taught for CEU (Continuing Education Unit) credit through the local church or through Bible Institutes by those who are certified to use their training materials.
For more information please call 1-800-369-8291 and ask for the Educational Ministries Department or go to www.etaworld.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity please fill out an application and turn it in to the Registrar’s Office. A $12 fee made payable to DTS will be required at the time you turn in your application.