At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for any position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. A two-year commitment is required.
View the employment benefits available to all full-time employees at DTS.
Off-Campus Student Jobs
Find internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer opportunities.
Post or edit internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer positions.
Part-Time General Administrative Assistant
Hours: 24 per week Monday-Thursday
Salary: $11.00 per hour
Job Description: The successful applicant will provide administrative support for the Houston Campus Executive Team including Faculty, Administrators, Director of Community and Church Relations, and Chaplain. This position will closely interface with local pastors and churches to coordinate special services
For the general support of the Administrative Team:
· Support the Administrative Assistant pool
· Assist with campus wide events: New Student Orientation, Day at DTS, Student Services, etc.
· Support Faculty with administrative tasks
· Provide hospitality for visiting professors and instructors
· Help facilitate campus activities as needed
For the Director of Community and Church Relations and Chaplain:
· Manage the Director’s calendar
· Make travel arrangements (as needed)
· Assist with chapel events and communicate with chapel speakers
· Perform general office tasks, including data processing, scheduling, and other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Must have the ability to plan and execute special projects and be a detail-oriented, organized, strategic thinker. Must maintain confidentiality with student and departmental records. Must have excellent communication skills. Must be experienced in creative design (Pages, Keynote, Powerpoint, iPhoto, etc.). An individual must have a vibrant spiritual life, servant heart, cheerful spirit and commitment to a Christ-like lifestyle. Experience with MS office, a flexible personality and the ability to perform well under pressure is desired.
A two year commitment is required. At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for this position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The 2014 DTS Crime Report can be viewed at www.dts.edu/departments/campus/campuspolice/dallas/crimereport. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Houston Campus
- About DTS-Houston
- Master of Theology (ThM)
- MA in Biblical Counseling (MABC)
- MA in Christian Education (MACE)
- MA in Christian Leadership (MACL)
- MA in Cross-cultural Min. (MACM)
- MA (Biblical Studies) (MA[BS])
- Certificate Program
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Programs in Chinese
- Classes in The Woodlands
- Scholarships & Special Offers