At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for any position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. A two-year commitment is required.
View the employment benefits available to all full-time employees at DTS.
Off-Campus Student Jobs
Find internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer opportunities.
Post or edit internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer positions.
Part-Time Facilities Support Associate
Department: Houston Extension
Hours: Saturdays, 10 hours per week
Salary: $10 per hour
Job Description: The Facilities Support Associate will support the Houston Extension by acting as the first point of contact for the campus on Saturdays. This position will report to the Director of Operations and will work closely with the Houston Extension staff and faculty
- Manage phone calls for all members of the Houston faculty and staff
- Greet walk-in guests, process inquiries, and direct guests to the appropriate party
- Monitor and assist students using the copy machine and the computer/language lab
- Copy notes, supplemental hand-outs, and syllabi for faculty
- Process requests from faculty for special support needs
- Coordinate appointments for visiting professors
- Assist the Admissions department by greeting prospective students and assisting with basic information
- Assist with services to current students
- Share general office duties with other staff
- Assist faculty with AV equipment (if needed)
- Remove/replace wall partitions (if needed)
- Move or rearrange furniture as needed
- Perform supply runs to the grocery store/Sam’s Club to restock refrigerator
- Perform basic Library Associate duties, such as:
- Explain to students how to use the library resources
- Help students acquire resources from the Dallas campus, if needed; issue TexShare cards
- Shelve books and periodicals; clear books from tables
- Monitor printers and copier (replace toner and paper)
- Prepare income from fees for deposit
- Turn off equipment, close, and lock
- Tabulate and report number of people using facility
- Perform other duties as necessary
Job Requirements: The successful applicant will have exceptional interpersonal, telephone, and communication skills. Must have a servant’s spirit and be willing to take initiative in identifying ways to improve service to visitors, guests, faculty, co-workers, and students. Must have a warm, approachable personality and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
A two year commitment is requested. At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for this position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The 2015 DTS Crime Report can be viewed at http://www.dts.edu/departments/campus/campuspolice/. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources. To download a DTS employment application, please scroll to the top of this page and click on the employment application link.
- Houston Campus
- About DTS-Houston
- Master of Theology (ThM)
- MA in Biblical Counseling (MABC)
- MA in Christian Education (MACE)
- MA in Christian Leadership (MACL)
- MA in Cross-cultural Min. (MACM)
- MA (Christian Studies) (MACS)
- Master of Biblical & Theological Studies (MBTS)
- Certificate Program (CGS)
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Programs in Chinese
- Classes in The Woodlands
- Scholarships & Special Offers