At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for any position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. A two-year commitment is required.
View the employment benefits available to all full-time employees at DTS.
Off-Campus Student Jobs
Find internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer opportunities.
Post or edit internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer positions.
Part-Time Receptionist (Male)
Hours: Saturdays, 10 hours per week
Salary: $10 per hour
Job Description: The Receptionist will support the Houston Extension by acting as the first point of contact for the campus on Saturdays. This position will report to the Administrator and will work closely with other members of the staff and faculty of the Houston Extension.
· Manage phone calls for all members of the Houston faculty and staff
· Greet walk-in guests, process inquiries, and direct guests to the appropriate party
· Monitor and assist students using the copy machine and the computer/language lab
· Copy notes, supplemental hand-outs and syllabi for faculty
· Process requests from faculty for special support needs
· Coordinate appointments for visiting professors
· Assist the Admissions Counselor in serving prospective students: greet visitors, respond to emails and phone calls about available programs, the Houston student profile and typical schedule, the application process, and financial aid/payment options
· Assist with services to current students
· Share with other staff in performing general office duties
· Be present during Saturday classes, and help faculty with AV equipment (if needed)
· Remove wall partitions (if needed)
· Perform supply runs to Sam’s and restock refrigerator
Job Requirements: The successful male applicant will have exceptional interpersonal, telephone, and communication skills. This person will have a servant’s spirit and be willing to take initiative in identifying ways to improve service to visitors, guests, faculty, co-workers, and students. The successful applicant will have a warm, approachable personality and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for this position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
Visit www.dts.edu for an application.
All applications should be submitted to Human Resources on the Dallas Campus by mail, fax, or email.
- Houston Campus
- About DTS-Houston