At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for any position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. A two-year commitment is required.
View the employment benefits available to all full-time employees at DTS.
Off-Campus Student Jobs
Find internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer opportunities.
Post or edit internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer positions.
Part-Time Libary Associate (Houston)
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Job Description: This position is responsible for circulation of library materials, assisting patrons, and maintaining the reference, periodical, and general collection areas.
- Explain to students how to use library resources
- Help students acquire resources from the Dallas campus, if needed; issue TexShare cards
- Assist with library orientation each semester
- Answer phone
- Shelve books and periodicals; clear books from tables
- Keep shelved books in sorted order, and occasionally take an inventory of books
- Perform minor book repair
- Monitor printers and copier (replace toner & paper)
- Prepare income from fees for deposit
- Turn off equipment, close, and lock
- Tabulate and report number of people using facility
- Report common problems or questions to supervisor
- Submit copies of annual report to supervisor and to Dallas Library Director
- Perform other duties as necessary, including duties outside the library
Job Requirements: The successful applicant have good communication skills, have an eye for detail, be a self-starter and team player, and be able to work with numerous interruptions. Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage time and have excellent English. This position will be required to work both Fall and Spring semesters, as well as the Winter session. Must be able to work evenings, summers, and Saturdays, and be willing to work 15-20 hours per week. Must have experience with computers, copiers, printers, and typewriters, and must be able to type 30 words per minute. Previous library experience and a two year commitment are desired.
At this time, applicants who are either related or engaged to be married to any current DTS employee cannot be considered for this position. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire.
We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources on the Dallas campus.
Please send all applications to Human Resources located on the Dallas Campus of Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Houston Campus
- About DTS-Houston