Australasia: Mobile Programs
Hear Dr. Darrell Bock discuss cultural engagement in his recent interview on New Zealand's RHEMA radio. >>
In Australasia, DTS will be offering three mobile programs: MA/CL, MA(BS), and CBTS.
- Master of Arts in Christian Leadership
- The MA/CL enables you to stay in your current ministry while DTS partners with local church and parachurch ministries to offer a seminary degree. DTS tailored the program to help you better love and serve your people. You’ll learn alongside other like-minded leaders working for the good of your community and city.
- Master of Arts (Biblical Studies)
- The MA(BS) provides a strong foundation for Christians living out their faith in any setting. It is designed primarily for lay leaders who desire training so as to better serve within their church or parachurch organization.
- Certificate of Biblical and Theological Studies
- The CBTS provides Christian laypersons who desire a short program of seminary studies to equip them for effective ministry in the local church or missionary candidates who anticipate service in nonprofessional ministries whose mission board requires graduate study in Bible and theology.
Spring 2014 Auckland Course
BE101 Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
As a hybrid course, BE101 will include online pre- and post-work and a live component in November. The online component begins August 25, 2014. The live component meets in Auckland, New Zealand, November 11-14, 2014.
Dr. Mark Yarbrough
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Associate Professor of Bible Exposition
View faculty bio
How It Works
There are three types of courses offered in the Mobile MA/CL, MA(BS), and CBTS—courses in your city, in Dallas, and online. We have specifically designed the course rotation so that every other semester either we send a professor to you to teach a live course, or you come to Dallas for specially designed courses for Mobile MA/CL, MA(BS), and CBTS students.
|2014||BE101||DTS sends a professor to you for the foundational Bible Study Methods & Hermeneutics course.|
|2015||ST101||RS101||CE105 BE105 BE103 SL305 SL801 Intro||BE102 SF 110||The winter is a three-week intensive in Dallas that has pre- and post-work. Ministry residency introduced. Spiritual Formation program begins.|
|2016||ST102 BE104||BE106 ST103||Continue online courses and Spiritual Formation program.|
|2017||PM101||BE107||ST104||SL801 ARP||DTS sends a professor to you and you begin your ministry residency and applied research project.|
|2018||BE109ST105||SL802 Graduation! ST106||Complete your ministry residency and graduate in Dallas. Finish your last class the week after graduation.|
Australasia Program Coordinator
Dr. Richard Fountain
BAgr, Massey University, 1989; DipAgrSc 1991; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2003; PhD, 2010.
View full bio.
Master of Arts in Christian Leadership
The MA/CL is a 62-hour program that prepares graduates for organizational leadership roles in a wide variety of ministry settings, from the church to the marketplace.Pastor Keith Twigg works on his MA/CL from the west coast.
Master of Arts (Biblical Studies)
The 62-hour MA(BS) degree is for lay leaders serving in capacities other than vocational ministry. This degree provides a strong foundation for Christians living out their faith in any setting.Jennie Allen equips women to serve others.