ThM Tips, Facts, and Resources
The Advising Center wants to help you make informed decisions as you progress through the ThM. ThM students often ask three questions:
- How do I pick an emphasis?
- How can I meet the 48-hour residency requirement?
- Should I write a thesis or take RS102?
The answers to these questions greatly depend on you. This page provides information. Arrange for an appointment with an Academic Advisor to further explore the best option for you.
Selecting an Emphasis
Select an emphasis that aligns best with your gifts and ministry goals.
- How does the stated purpose of this emphasis strengthen my gifts and shore up my weaknesses?
- What skills or concepts do I want to gain or master as a result of my study?
- Do the internship requirements contribute to my ministry direction?
- If I create the required artifacts will they represent me well to future employers?
You can select an Emphasis on your Student CampusNet page. From General Information, go to Forms and Information and choose the ThM Emphasis Request Form.
A faculty advisor and an academic advisor will look at your request. They may want to meet with you. You may simply receive an email from the Advising Center reminding you of the requirements and inviting you for a response.
Satisfying the 48-Hour Residency Requirement
You have 3 options:
- Live in Dallas or Houston for the duration or the majority of the degree.
- Take courses in Dallas every summer for 7 years (10 weeks for 3 summers).
- Spend 15 months in Dallas. See Residency Schedule for details.
- Walvoord - 1st Fl
- M--F: 8:00am-4:30pm
- Advising Center
- Degree-Specific Advising