Seminary Wives in Ministry
S.W.I.M. (Seminary Wives in Ministry) exists to equip wives to be competent servants alongside their husbands in ministry.
There are three components to the SWIM program that assist us in fulfilling our mission:
- Triple S: SWIM Self-Study exists to provide the seminary wife with opportunities of spiritual growth through an independent reading program and guided by a faculty wife. For more information on Triple S, contact Andrea Wood.
- SWING: Seminary Wives In Nurturing Groups exists to assist seminary wives to grow in their walk with the Lord, develop relationships and help prepare them for ministry. For more information on SWING, contact Kathryn Sumner.
- Acts 18: Acts 18 exists to provide new seminary wives in transition with support and information about the Dallas community. For more information on Acts 18, contact Kristine Reiskytl.
In addition, we also sponsor special events such as semester opening programs, seminars and an annual wives retreat. Join us on Facebook to receive reminders about SWIM activities.
SWIM’s Spring Retreat
The Real Life of a Ministry Wife
Friday-Sunday, April 4-6th
Friday: Check-in at 7pm | Sunday: Activities end at 2pm
Mt. Lebanon in Cedar Hill
At this year’s retreat we will get an opportunity to hear from many different women in ministry including Del Garippa and Deb Lowery as they share their own real life stories. Come to see and hear how God has worked in their lives and used them in ways that they never would have imagined. This year’s workshops will address struggles that we all may face or that someone we know be struggling with.
This retreat is a special time for seminary wives to fellowship, grow and escape the city. We will pack the weekend full of fun and we want you there! If you are unable to stay the whole time, please feel free to come to what you can. Special accommodations made for nursing mothers.
Cost: $40 per person
- Includes 2 nights lodging and 5 meals
- Full and partial scholarships available
Register by Monday, March 31st.
Acts 18 Partner Program
A Special Partnership for Current and Incoming Wives
Acts 18 is a program designed for incoming wives as a way to partner with a current seminary wife who will connect with you, pray for you, and help you settle into life in Dallas and as a seminary wife. Your current wife will help guide you to local resources and help welcome you to Dallas.
Please sign up today if you are interested in partnering as a current or incoming wife.
SWIM is looking for volunteers who can serve on our board or who can give a small amount of their time every few months. It is a great opportunity to gain ministry experience and to serve others.
Contact Carolyn Hannah, SWIM adviser, at email@example.com to see what our current needs are.
- Carolyn Hannah
- Faculty wives and student wives.
September 7, 2013
November 2, 2013
February 8, 2014
April 4-6, 2014
May 3, 2014
Graduating Wives Brunch