Seminary Wives in Ministry
S.W.I.M. (Seminary Wives in Ministry) exists to equip wives to be competent servants alongside their husbands in ministry.
There are three components to the SWIM program that assist us in fulfilling our mission:
- Triple S: SWIM Self-Study exists to provide the seminary wife with opportunities of spiritual growth through an independent reading program and guided by a faculty wife. For more information on Triple S, contact Charity Anderson or fill out the interest form.
- SWING: Seminary Wives In Nurturing Groups exists to assist seminary wives to grow in their walk with the Lord, develop relationships and help prepare them for ministry. For more information on SWING, contact Jennifer Bugos or sign up for a group.
- Acts 18: Acts 18 exists to provide new seminary wives in transition with support and information about the Dallas community. For more information on Acts 18, contact Anda Miller.
In addition, we also sponsor special events such as semester opening programs, seminars and an annual wives retreat. Join us on Facebook to receive reminders about SWIM activities.
Fall 2014 Seminar
Tea with Jill Briscoe
Saturday, November 1st, 9:00am-1:00pm
Check in starts at 8:30am
Lamb Auditorium on the 1st floor of Campbell
Imagine sitting down to tea and finding encouragement with a woman whose relational teaching style will touch your emotions and stir your heart. SWIM invites you to participate in this lovely morning as we welcome Jill Briscoe, an international bible teacher who has been in ministry for over 50 years and who has authored more than 40 books. Jill is a highly sought after speaker. She serves as executive editor of Just Between Us, a magazine of encouragement for ministry wives and women in leadership, and served on the board of World Relief and Christianity Today, Inc., for over 20 years.
- This event is open to all Seminary Wives, Faculty Wives, Women Students, and DTS Staff.
- October 1st-27th—Registration will be open to Seminary Wives and Faculty Wives.
- October 15th-27th—Registration will be open to Female Students and Staff.
- Space for this event is limited. Registration will close October 27th or when all the seats are full.
- Childcare (for babies-5 years) will be available for the first 50 children who are registered.
This is a free event, dress is casual, and light refreshments will be served. Get creative—find or make your very own tea hat to wear to the event and you may win a special door prize!
Acts 18 Partner Program
A Special Partnership for Current and Incoming Wives
Acts 18 is a program designed for incoming wives as a way to partner with a current seminary wife who will connect with you, pray for you, and help you settle into life in Dallas and as a seminary wife. Your current wife will help guide you to local resources and help welcome you to Dallas.
Please sign up today if you are interested in partnering as a current or incoming wife.
SWIM is looking for volunteers who can serve on our board or who can give a small amount of their time every few months. It is a great opportunity to gain ministry experience and to serve others.
Contact Carolyn Hannah, SWIM advisor, at email@example.com to see what our current needs are.
- Carolyn Hannah
- Faculty wives and student wives.
Join our email list to get event reminders and information on how you can get connected.
September 6, 2014
November 1, 2014
Fall Seminar: Jill Briscoe
February 7, 2015
March 27-29, 2015
May 2, 2015
Graduating Wives Coffee Brunch