Seminary Wives in Ministry
SWIM (Seminary Wives in Ministry) exists to equip wives to be competent servants alongside their husbands in ministry.
There are three components to the SWIM program that assist us in fulfilling our mission:
- Triple S: SWIM Self-Study exists to provide the seminary wife with opportunities of spiritual growth through an independent reading program and guided by a faculty wife. For more information on Triple S, contact Chris Wiede or fill out the interest form.
- SWING: Seminary Wives in Nurturing Groups exists to assist seminary wives to grow in their walk with the Lord, develop relationships, and prepare for ministry. For more information on SWING, contact Jenny Fenton or sign up for a group.
- Bridges: Bridges (formerly Acts 18) is a program designed for incoming wives as a way to partner with a current seminary wife who will connect with you, pray for you, and help you settle into life in Dallas and as a Seminary Wife. Please sign up as a incoming wife or a partner here. For more information, please contact Jen Dyer.
In addition, we also sponsor special events such as semester opening programs, seminars and an annual wives retreat. Join us on Facebook to receive reminders about SWIM activities.
SWIM is looking for volunteers who can serve on our board or who can give a small amount of their time every few months. It is a great opportunity to gain ministry experience and to serve others.
Contact Carolyn Hannah, SWIM advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what our current needs are.
Previous SWIM Event Recordings
- Carolyn Hannah
- Faculty wives and student wives.
2015-2016 SPECIAL EVENTS
Join our email list to get event reminders and information on how you can get connected.
August 28, 2016
New Wives Welcome
September 3, 2016
SWIM Opening Program
November 5, 2016
March 31 - April 2, 2017
SWIM Spring Retreat
May 7, 2017
Graduating Wives Coffee Brunch
- Student Groups
- Start/Renew A Group
- Arise: Women Student Fellowship
- Black Student Fellowship
- Dallas Evangelism Fellowship
- DTS Intramurals
- Eikon: Art & Media Fellowship
- International Student Fellowship Council
- Seminary Wives in Ministry
- Spiritual Life Board
- Student Council
- Student Missions Fellowship
- Student Paper
- The Couch