Seminary Wives in Ministry
S.W.I.M. (Seminary Wives in Ministry) exists to equip wives to be competent servants alongside their husbands in ministry.
There are three components to the SWIM program that assist us in fulfilling our mission:
- Triple S: SWIM Self-Study exists to provide the seminary wife with opportunities of spiritual growth through an independent reading program and guided by a faculty wife. For more information on Triple S, contact Charity Anderson or fill out the interest form.
- SWING: Seminary Wives In Nurturing Groups exists to assist seminary wives to grow in their walk with the Lord, develop relationships and help prepare them for ministry. For more information on SWING, contact Jennifer Bugos or sign up for a group.
- Acts 18: Acts 18 exists to provide new seminary wives in transition with support and information about the Dallas community. For more information on Acts 18, contact Anda Miller.
In addition, we also sponsor special events such as semester opening programs, seminars and an annual wives retreat. Join us on Facebook to receive reminders about SWIM activities.
Annual Chili Cook-off and Bake-off
January 30, 2015
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Mark your calendar, pull out your crockpot, preheat your oven, and get ready for the annual chili cook-off and bake-off!
SWIM, in conjunction with Student Services, would like to invite the entire student body and their families, as well as all faculty and staff, to participate or just simply come, taste, and have a great night of fellowship.
Want to compete? Pull out the secret recipes and get to cookin.’ Sign up using the online form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Student Services, 1st floor Walvoord. All entrants receive a small gift.
This is a free event for the whole family, and dinner is provided.
Acts 18 Partner Program
A Special Partnership for Current and Incoming Wives
Acts 18 is a program designed for incoming wives as a way to partner with a current seminary wife who will connect with you, pray for you, and help you settle into life in Dallas and as a seminary wife. Your current wife will help guide you to local resources and help welcome you to Dallas.
Please sign up today if you are interested in partnering as a current or incoming wife.
SWIM is looking for volunteers who can serve on our board or who can give a small amount of their time every few months. It is a great opportunity to gain ministry experience and to serve others.
Contact Carolyn Hannah, SWIM advisor, at email@example.com to see what our current needs are.
- Carolyn Hannah
- Faculty wives and student wives.
Join our email list to get event reminders and information on how you can get connected.
September 6, 2014
November 1, 2014
Fall Seminar: Jill Briscoe
January 30, 2015
February 7, 2015
March 27-29, 2015
May 2, 2015
Graduating Wives Coffee Brunch
- Student Groups
- Black Student Fellowship
- Dallas Evangelism Fellowship
- Eikon: Art & Media Fellowship
- International Student Fellowship Council
- Seminary Wives in Ministry
- Spiritual Life Board
- Student Council
- Student Journal
- Student Missions Fellowship
- The Couch
- Women Student Fellowship