Seminary Wives in Ministry
S.W.I.M. (Seminary Wives in Ministry) exists to equip wives to be competent servants alongside their husbands in ministry.
There are three components to the SWIM program that assist us in fulfilling our mission:
- Triple S: SWIM Self-Study exists to provide the seminary wife with opportunities of spiritual growth through an independent reading program and guided by a faculty wife. For more information on Triple S, contact Charity Anderson.
- SWING: Seminary Wives In Nurturing Groups exists to assist seminary wives to grow in their walk with the Lord, develop relationships and help prepare them for ministry. For more information on SWING, contact Kathryn Sumner.
- Acts 18: Acts 18 exists to provide new seminary wives in transition with support and information about the Dallas community. For more information on Acts 18, contact Anda Miller.
In addition, we also sponsor special events such as semester opening programs, seminars and an annual wives retreat. Join us on Facebook to receive reminders about SWIM activities.
Saturday, May 3
9:30 – 11:00 am
Collins Lounge, second floor of the Walvoord Building
SWIM and the Faculty Wives of DTS cordially invite all seminary wives whose husbands have graduated or will graduate this year to the annual Wives Graduation Coffee-Brunch.
The Coffee-Brunch is held to honor and celebrate the completion of your husband’s education and your experience at DTS. Join us for a time of fellowship and celebration as we reflect on the past and God’s leading for the future.
- Brunch is provided
- Dress is casual
- Childcare will not be available
If your husband graduated winter 2013 or is graduating spring/winter of 2014 we would love to have you! All those that attend receive a small graduation gift. This event honors all graduating wives regardless of their involvement with SWIM.
Register by May 1.
Acts 18 Partner Program
A Special Partnership for Current and Incoming Wives
Acts 18 is a program designed for incoming wives as a way to partner with a current seminary wife who will connect with you, pray for you, and help you settle into life in Dallas and as a seminary wife. Your current wife will help guide you to local resources and help welcome you to Dallas.
Please sign up today if you are interested in partnering as a current or incoming wife.
SWIM is looking for volunteers who can serve on our board or who can give a small amount of their time every few months. It is a great opportunity to gain ministry experience and to serve others.
Contact Carolyn Hannah, SWIM adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what our current needs are.
- Carolyn Hannah
- Faculty wives and student wives.
September 7, 2013
November 2, 2013
February 8, 2014
April 4-6, 2014
May 3, 2014
Graduating Wives Brunch