Student Health and Fitness
The Seminary encourages consistent, regular physical activity as a means of attaining one’s best level of wellness, and is pleased to offer three fitness options to fit the various budgets, locations, and schedules for our students, faculty, and staff, and their spouses.
Each semester, an activity fee is charged to all students enrolled at the Dallas Campus, no matter the amount of hours taken. This allows students of the Seminary restricted usage of Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center on a semester basis (September-January; January-August).
If interested, student spouses must register on CampusNet during the first three weeks of each semester. All fees must be paid through the student’s account via credit card or electronic check, or in person at the Cashier’s office.
To avoid paying for two memberships, or for a service the student does not wish to use, students who do NOT wish to use Baylor MUST opt out via CampusNet during the first three weeks of the semester. The fee will be credited back to the student’s account.
Spouses who DO wish to use Baylor must opt in via CampusNet during the first three weeks of the semester. Those who fail to do so by the deadline will not be eligible to use Baylor until the following semester.
All students and spouses who register for Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center must complete an annual liability waiver form, available at the front desk of the fitness center.
Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center
Special Semester Rate for Students and Spouses
Students registered to use Baylor under this plan must pay attention to the restricted hours posted on the Seminary’s website. Membership privileges and rates are discontinued following a student’s graduation date. Students with children pay $3 per hour (or pre-purchase discount package rates) for reserved childcare services while using the center (arranged through Baylor).
DMin students have an additional option to enroll for one week only at the cost of $20 per week. Contact the DMin office for more information.
DTS students have special hours. Please make sure to leave by the scheduled time!
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 5:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (in addition to above)
- Friday: 5:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Students and spouses must show DTS ID cards at the Baylor Fitness Center front desk.
- Should your spouse elect to participate in usage of the center, he or she will also need to have a photo ID made. ID's are processed by Student Services, Walvoord, 1st floor.
- Unauthorized use of the membership card by persons other than a member is prohibited.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member at all times and must register at the front desk.
- All guests must complete and sign a waiver before using the facility. Additional fee applies.
- Each guest is limited to (4) total visits per year and no more than (2) visits in one month.
YMCA Special Rate for DTS Students and Spouses
Students and spouses must sign up directly and present their Seminary ID at the T. Boone Pickens YMCA in downtown Dallas to take advantage of the special rate. This plan includes $40.80 per person, per month; or, $60 per family, per month (includes two adults, up to eight children); unrestricted hours and access to all of the facilities, classes, locations; children's programs, and free childcare at all locations. Membership is good for any Y location in the DFW Metroplex, the state, the country, and the world.
Student Health Insurance
Health insurance is required for all Seminary students. DTS has chosen Academic HealthPlans to provide student insurance. To find information about coverage and claims, please visit Academic Health Plans.
|Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center|
Fall 2015: Mon, 8/24 - Fri, 9/11
Spring 2016: Mon, 1/11 - Fri, 1/29
Please remember that once the enrollment period closes you will not be able to change your enrollment choice.
411 North Washington Avenue
Dallas, TX 75246
|T Boone Pickens YMCA|
|601 North Akard Street
Dallas, TX 75201
|Student Health Insurance|
|Academic Health Plans