Student Event & Group Interest
Have an idea for an event or meeting at DTS-Dallas? Not sure where to get started? Check out the options available, and let us know what you’re thinking!
Brown Bags (BBs)
- Educational, not promotional (cannot endorse a specific organization, agency, or cause)
- Held during the 11:30 am – 12:30 pm period, Tuesday through Friday, during fall/spring semesters
- Sponsored by a DTS faculty member (cannot be organized without sponsor)
- Provides opportunities for: deeper discussion of chapel topics; faculty presentations
- Provides information to interested students
- Tuesday through Friday, during fall/spring semesters
- Displays posters, publications, and/or digital media
- Cannot be used for commercial purposes (i.e. selling items or services)
- Provides opportunities for: opportunity for ministry or involvement; good “deal” for students
- For the DTS community; includes faculty, staff, students, and families
- Cannot be organized for fundraising or promotion of an organization (church, ministry, agency, etc.)
- Generally held after 4:30 pm during the week, or on weekends
- All potential groups must complete the New Student Group submission process. For more information click here
- Official groups receive approval from Student-Faculty Committee; potentially receive funds from Student Council
- Unofficial groups may gather, but do not receive Student Council funds
- Group formation and approval process can take up to one academic year
Student Services welcomes your ideas, and looks forward to providing the best co-curricular experiences for students and families while at DTS. We review every submission, and regret that some ideas or suggestions may not be feasible or appropriate for the community.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Student Services (email@example.com) with any questions!