November 18, 2014Chapel: Genocide in the Old Testament
Darrell L. Bock, Gordon H. Johnston, and Robert B. Chisholm
- How can a good and compassionate God and genocide in the Old Testament go together?
- Distinction between genocide and holy war
- Four ways different scholars deal with this issue
- Relevant passages to the discussion
- Why the concept of divine judgment is paramount to the discussion
- The concept is grace is incomprehensible apart from a proper understanding of judgment.
- Q&A: Does God order moral purging today and if he doesn’t, what is the justification of war; when do we know that it’s right or wrong?
- Q&A: Destruction of Jericho
- Exhortation to avoid the trap of letting a secular worldview skew the way we understand judgment, sin, and grace
Dr. Darrell Bock talks with Dr. Bob Chisholm and Dr. Gordon Johnston about issues of genocide within the Old Testament.
Recent Podcasts More Podcasts
Caring for Refugees From the Middle East Darrell L. Bock and Jeff Palmer September 27, 2016
Interacting with Muslims Darrell L. Bock and Fikret Bocek September 20, 2016
Urban Ministry and Cross-Cultural Ministry Darrell L. Bock and Chris Brooks September 13, 2016
Related Podcasts More Podcasts
Cultural Engagement Chapels More Chapels