Chapel: Genocide in the Old Testament
November 18, 2014
Darrell L. Bock, Robert B. Chisholm, and Gordon H. Johnston
- How can a good and compassionate God and genocide in the Old Testament go together?
- Distinction between genocide and holy war
- Four ways different scholars deal with this issue
- Relevant passages to the discussion
- Why the concept of divine judgment is paramount to the discussion
- The concept is grace is incomprehensible apart from a proper understanding of judgment.
- Q&A: Does God order moral purging today and if he doesn’t, what is the justification of war; when do we know that it’s right or wrong?
- Q&A: Destruction of Jericho
- Exhortation to avoid the trap of letting a secular worldview skew the way we understand judgment, sin, and grace
Recent Podcasts More Podcasts
Related Podcasts More Podcasts
Experiencing the Christmas Story Darrell L. Bock and Mikel Del Rosario December 20, 2016
Cultural Engagement Chapels More Chapels