Chapel: Genocide in the Old Testament
November 18, 2014
Darrell L. Bock, Robert B. Chisholm, and Gordon H. Johnston
- How can a good and compassionate God and genocide in the Old Testament go together?
- Distinction between genocide and holy war
- Four ways different scholars deal with this issue
- Relevant passages to the discussion
- Why the concept of divine judgment is paramount to the discussion
- The concept is grace is incomprehensible apart from a proper understanding of judgment.
- Q&A: Does God order moral purging today and if he doesn’t, what is the justification of war; when do we know that it’s right or wrong?
- Q&A: Destruction of Jericho
- Exhortation to avoid the trap of letting a secular worldview skew the way we understand judgment, sin, and grace
Recent Podcasts More Podcasts
Related Podcasts More Podcasts
Cultural Engagement Chapels More Chapels