WEC 2014 Event Descriptions
Monday Kickoff Events
- WEC Kickoff Chapel is a time of corporate worship designed to introduce the audience to the conference theme and celebrate our Redeemer.
- International Dessert is an intense dessert competition where our international students/faculty share some of their best desserts from their home countries.
Tuesday – Friday Daily Conference Events
- Prayer is a time set apart to enjoy the presence of the Lord, celebrate the Gospel, and ask the Lord to do a mighty work on campus and around the world.
- Wake Up with WEC is held every morning to update participants on significant news developments related to church, missions, political, and religious issues in different regions around the world. This is a time to enjoy free coffee, worship the Lord through music, and celebrate God's sovereign work in the world.
- Seminars are designed for equipping, namely to teach or prepare the audience to engage specific aspects of mission/ministry throughout the world.
- The Global Café is an opportunity for the audience to meet the exhibitors while enjoying free coffee and snacks.
- The Plenary Session is a time of corporate worship (through prayer, music, scripture, preaching, etc.) that seeks to spur believers on to live out the Truth of God's Word.
- Exhibitor Workshops are given to the exhibiting organizations for them to either teach on a particular mission-related topic or give the audience a chance to get to know their organization in a much deeper way.
- Counseling Luncheon is led by The Couch and is a time for the student body to enjoy fellowship, encouragement, and interaction with the Luncheon speaker.
- Creativity Café features student in music, art, poetry, and media that is geared toward worship with a global-focus. All pieces are presented and/or written by students.
- The Q&A Dinner is for food, fellowship, and Q&A with the Plenary Speaker. Dinner is free and open to students, faculty, and exhibitors.
- Evangelism Bootcamp is an event designed to equip students in evangelism. There will be a time for teaching, sending, and sharing.