WEC 2013 Event Descriptions
Monday Kickoff Night
- WEC Kickoff Chapel is a time of corporate worship designed to introduce the audience to the conference ahead and celebrate our Redeemer.
- International Dessert is a dessert feast as our int'l students/faculty share goodies from the home countries.
Tuesday – Friday Daily Conference Schedule
- Prayer is a time set apart to enjoy the presence of the Lord, worship Him, and plead with Him to do a mighty work here on campus and around the world.
- World Focus Chapels are designed for awareness, namely to inform the audience of world issues regarding the Church, mission, and brokenness in the world.
- Seminars are designed for equipping, namely to teach or prepare the audience to engage specific aspects of mission/ministry throughout the world.
- The Global Café & Expo is an opportunity for the audience to meet the exhibitors while enjoying free coffee and snacks.
- The Plenary Session is a time of corporate worship (through prayer, music, scripture, preaching, etc.) that seeks to spur believers on to live out the Truth of God's word.
- Exhibitor Workshops are given to the exhibiting organizations for them to either teach on a particular mission-related topic or give the audience a chance to get to know their organization in a much deeper way.
Tuesday Night Only
- Creativity Café features student music/art/poetry/media that is geared toward worship and/or has a world-focus. All pieces are presented and/or written by students.
Wednesday Night Only
- The Q&A Dinner is for food, fellowship, and Q&A with the Plenary Speaker. Dinner is free and open to students, faculty, and exhibitors.
Thursday Lunch Only
- Women’s Luncheon is led by Women’s Student Fellowship and is a time for women (either students or spouses) to enjoy fellowship, encouragement, and interaction with the Luncheon speaker.