Elliott E. Johnson
Senior Professor of Bible Exposition
BS, Northwestern University, 1959; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1964; ThD, 1968.
Dr. Johnson is the founder of the Asian Theological Seminary and has taught extensively overseas, including the Philippines, Poland, the former Czechoslovakia, Romania, Russia, and India. He also has ministered in Austria, Brazil, England, Germany, Israel, and Scotland. Dr. Johnson joined the Seminary as a faculty member in 1972 and as a pastor of a Dallas-area church the same year. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS) and has published in the field of hermeneutics. He is on the board of the Dispensational Study Group and has published in the field.
- BE101 - Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
- BE106 - Acts & Pauline Epistles
- BE220 - Advanced Hermeneutics
- BE225 - Interp Progressive Revelation
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE2021 - Seminar in the Gospel and Acts
- BE205 - Analytical Method of Bible Study
- BS1003 - Hermeneutics
- DM205 - Selected Topics of Biblical Issues in Today's Ministry
- DM210 - Interpretation & Communication of Narrative Literature
- Expository Hermeneutics : An Introduction: Academie Books: 1989
- “Author's Intention and Biblical Interpretation.” in Hermeneutics, Inerrancy, and the Bible Zondervan: 1984
- Johnson, Elliott E., "Hermeneutical Principles and the Interpretation of Psalm 110." Bibliotheca Sacra 149 (1992). 428-437.
- Johnson, Elliott E., "What I Mean by Historical-grammatical Interpretation and How That Differs from Spiritual Interpretation." Grace Theological Journal 11 (1990). 157-169.
- Johnson, Elliott E., "Dual Authorship and the Single Intended Meaning of Scripture." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 218-227.
- Advanced hermeneutics
- Bible study methods