Harold W. Hoehner
Distinguished Professor of New Testament Studies
B.A., Barrington College, 1958; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1962; Th.D., 1965; Ph.D., Cambridge University, 1968; postdoctoral study, Tübingen University and Cambridge University.
Dr. Hoehner has written for scholarly journals and publications. He is especially well regarded for his work on biblical chronology, including the time aspects in and around the life of Christ, the rule of Herod Antipas, and the period between the Testaments. He has traveled and ministered in Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, the Near East, Russia, South Africa, and Indonesia. Along with his many professional memberships, he serves on the board of Jews for Jesus.
- Ephesians: An Exegetical Commentary: Baker: 2002
- Christian Faith and Historical Understanding: Zondervan: 1984
- Herod Antipas: A Contemporary of Jesus Christ: Zondervan: 1983
- Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ: Zondervan: 1978
- Hoehner, Harold W., "Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ, Pt 6 : Daniel's Seventy Weeks and New Testament Chronology." Bibliotheca Sacra 132 (1975). 47-65.
- Hoehner, Harold W., "Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ." Bibliotheca Sacra 130 (1973).
- Hoehner, Harold W., "Duration of the Egyptian Bondage." Bibliotheca Sacra 126 (1969). 306-316.
- New Testament exegesis
- New Testament backgrounds
- Listening to classical music
- Enjoy all things mechanical
- Computer technology
- Ienjoy documentaries on television OT other media
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?