Timothy J. Ralston
Professor of Pastoral Ministries
BS, University of Waterloo, 1978; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1983; PhD, 1994.
Dr. Ralston brings a rich pastoral background to his classroom. He has served as not only an associate pastor and pastor in Ontario, but also as a director of adult education in the United States. Dr. Ralston is an active member in the North American Academy of Liturgy, the Evangelical Theological Society, and the Evangelical Homiletics Society. His research in New Testament manuscripts, worship, and spiritual direction has taken him into a wide variety of settings and produced many scholarly articles. He is also an active Master Scuba Diving instructor and emergency first-response trainer. He and his wife, Carol, have two daughters.
- PM101 - Spiritual Life
- PM103 - Expository Preaching I
- PM104 - Expository Preaching II
- PM201 - Topical Expository Preaching
- PM291 - Teaching Homiletics
- PM202 - Advanced Expository Preaching
- PM302 - Pastoral Theol & Leadership II
- DM103 - Applied Research Project
- “Application, Ethics, and Preaching” in Interpreting the New Testament: Introduction to the Art and Science of Exegesis Crossway: 2006
- “The Spirit's Role in Corporate Worship” in Who’s Afraid of the Holy Spirit: An Investigation into the Ministry of the Spirit of God Today? Biblical Studies Press: 2005
- “Scripture in Worship: An Indispensable Symbol of Covenant Renewal” in Authentic Worship: Theology, Expressions, and Symbols for the 21st Century Kregel: 2002
- “Proclamation of the Word” in Leadership Handbooks of Practical Theology: Volume 1: Word and Worship Baker: 1992
- “” in The Majority Text and Byzantine Origins : 1992
- Glahn, Sandra and Ralston, Timothy J., "Book Review: She can teach: empowering women to teach the Scriptures effectively." Bibliotheca Sacra 171, no. 683 (2014). 316-34.
- Ralston, Timothy J., "'Back to the Future': Classical Categories for Exegesis, Application, and Authority." Journal of Evangelical Homiletics Society 3, no. 2 (2003). 33-51.
- Ralston, Timothy J., "Remembrance and Worship: the Mandate and the Means." Reformation & Revival 9, no. 3 (2000). 77-89.
- Glahn, Sandra and Ralston, Timothy J., "Book Review: A Royal ‘Waste’ of Time: The Splendor of Worshiping God and Being Church for the World." Bibliotheca Sacra 157, no. 628 (2000). 506.
- Ralston, Timothy J., "The "Majority Text" and Byzantine Origins." New Testament Studies 38 (1992). 122-137.
- Ralston, Timothy J., "The Theological Significance of Paul's Conversion." Bibliotheca Sacra 147 (1990). 199-216.
- New Testament manuscripts
- Liturgical theology and history
- History and practice of Christian spirituality and spiritual direction
- Scuba diving (Master Scuba Diver Trainer, Professional Association of Diving Instructors, with additional teaching specialities in Boat Diving, Diver Propulsion Vehicles, Drift Diving, Enriched Air [Nitrox] Diving, Search and Recovery Diving, Underwater Navigation, Underwater Naturalist, and Wreck Diving)
- Alpine Skiing