Areas of Evaluation
As an applicant, you will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Your academic records
- The assessment of your references
- The extent and quality of involvement in Christian service
- Your apparent gifts and potential for placement into Christian ministry.
Requirements for Admission
The qualifying degree for a master's level program is a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, conferred by a regionally accredited college or university. Exceptions to this requirement are limited. Therefore, if you do not have a completed bachelor's degree, please contact the Admissions Office prior to applying. Dallas Theological Seminary enrolls men and women who:
- Show evidence of saving faith in Christ
- Are of proven Christian character
- Are endowed with appropriate spiritual gifts
- Adhere to the following doctrines:
- the authority and inerrancy of Scripture
- the Trinity
- Christ's full deity and humanity
- the spiritual lostness of the human race
- Christ's substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection
- salvation by faith alone in Christ alone
- the physical return of Christ.
While all degree programs at DTS are coeducational, the Seminary holds the position that Scripture limits to men the roles of elder and senior pastor in the local church. Therefore the Seminary programs of study are not designed to prepare women for these roles.
While students must adhere to the seven doctrines listed above to be admitted and graduate, each member of the faculty affirms his or her full agreement with the entire doctrinal statement.