Applicants whose cumulative GPA is below 2.5 or who have not completed an accredited, four-year bachelor’s degree are required to submit scores from either the GRE or MAT as part of their application for admission. The Admissions Committee will use these scores, along with the application as a whole, to assess an applicant’s readiness for the rigors of graduate-level theological education.
- Verbal Section: 147
- Analytical Section: 4.5
- Quantitative Section: Not Considered For Admission
- Please visit the GRE website or MAT website to find testing center locations and schedule your test. Please note: DTS is not a testing center and does not administer either test.
- You will want to schedule your test at least one month before the application deadline of the semester for which you are applying. This means taking the test by June 1st for fall admission or October 1st for spring admission.
- The institutional code for reporting GRE scores to DTS is R6156. To report MAT scores to DTS, the institutional code is 2215.
- After you take your test and receive your scores, please contact the Admissions Office to discuss your next steps in the application process. If your scores do not meet the Committee’s minimum requirements, please do not retake the test until you have spoken with the Admissions Office.
Because of the importance of your assessment scores for admission, the Admissions Committee recommends that you prepare yourself as rigorously as possible for your test. Ideally, this means studying for a period of at least one to two months.
In addition to consulting the free resources available on each test’s website, please consider additional study aids that may be available for free at your local library or for purchase at any bookstore.