Skip to main content

Application Information

We are so excited to hear of your interest in Dallas Theological Seminary! Below is some information that we feel would be very helpful for you as you begin the process.


The minimum requirements for admission include:
Four year bachelor's degree (from accredited/recognized institution)
TOEFL English exam

As a first step toward applying, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if you have not already done so.

Required TOEFL scores:

The TOEFL institution code for Dallas Theological Seminary is 6156.
We also accept the IELTS if it is more convenient for you!

Professional Ministry Degrees:

Degree Description
ThM Master’s of Theology with a ministry concentration (4 year program)
STM Master’s of Sacred Theology (1 ½ year- 2 ½ year program depending on prerequisites needed for those who currently hold an accredited/recognized MDiv)
MABC Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling (3 year program)
MACE Master of Arts in Christian Education (2 year program)
MACL Master of Arts in Christian Leadership (2 year program)
MAMW Master of Arts in Media Arts and Worship (2 year program)
MACM Master of Arts in Cross-Cultural Ministries (2 year program)

Academic Degrees:

Degree Description
MABEL Master of Arts in Bible Exegesis and Linguistics (2-3 year program depending on prerequisites; for those interested in Bible Translation)
MACS Master of Arts in Christian Studies - if you plan to be in full-time vocational ministry, you need to apply to a professional degree; if you believe this degree is right for you, please contact the academic advisor for international students (; 214-887-5040).
CGS Certificate of Graduate Studies (1 year program—not a Master’s degree); can be completed entirely online

Doctoral Degrees:

Degree Description
DMin For those in full-time ministry and hold an accredited/recognized MDiv or 4 year ThM. Normally requires 4 year of study (students only need to be here at the Dallas campus in the summers and winter sessions; course work is done while in local ministry-a student visa is still required for periods of residency)
PhD For those students who have completed a 4 year ThM or a 3 year MDiv plus and STM degree and who are pursuing academic teaching or academic studies. Normally requires 5-6 years of study

Which degree is right for me?