Houston Dean’s Scholarship (entering professional-MA students)
Conditions and Stipulations of the Dean’s Scholarship
- The Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA) is awarded to a select number of entering Houston MA students based on their scholastic achievements and ministry potential as determined by the Seminary’s Admissions Committee.
- The Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA) is in the amount of $6,000 to be awarded over four consecutive semesters in the amount of $1,500 per semester.
- To qualify for the full Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA), the student must continue to meet the following requirements:
- The student must be classified as a Master of Arts student—excluding the MBTS, MA (Christian Studies), MABEL, and MA (in OT, NT, or ST)—and taking courses at the Houston campus (at least one course on campus).
- The student must complete a part-time course load of 8 hours or more per semester, excluding Servant Leadership Internship courses.
- The student must maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher.
- The Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA) can only be used during the first four semesters following the student’s initial date of matriculation. If a student fails to meet the requirements listed above, he or she will forfeit the scholarship awarded for the next semester. If a student postpones entry or withdraws from classes to fall below the 8-hour threshold, he or she will forfeit the scholarship award for the semester postponed or withdrawn. A scholarship award balance will not be carried beyond the two-year delimiting date.
- The Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA) cannot be used for summer school or winter-session classes. It is only applicable to the fall and spring semesters.
- The Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA) will be credited to the student’s account at the time of registration and will be applied toward tuition expenses. The Dean’s Scholarship (Houston MA) will not apply toward the student activity fees, book purchases, etc.