Houston Dean’s Scholarship (entering ThM students)
Conditions and Stipulations of the Dean’s Scholarship
- The Dean’s Scholarship is awarded to a select number of entering Houston ThM students based on their scholastic achievements and ministry potential as determined by the Seminary’s Admissions Committee.
- The Dean’s Scholarship is in the amount of $6,400 to be awarded over four consecutive semesters in the amount of $1,600 per semester. This scholarship does not affect your ability to receive additional need-based aid.
- To qualify for the full Dean’s Scholarship, the student must continue to meet the following requirements:
- The student must be classified as a ThM student taking courses at the Houston campus (at least one course on campus).
- The student must complete an 8-hour course load per semester, excluding Servant Leadership Internship courses.
- The student must take the language courses in sequence each semester (starting your first Fall semester)
- The student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The Dean’s Scholarship can only be used during the first four semesters following the student’s initial date of matriculation. If a student fails to meet the requirements listed above, he or she will forfeit the scholarship awarded for the next semester. If a student postpones entry or withdraws from classes to fall below the 8-hour threshold, he or she will forfeit the scholarship award for the semester postponed or withdrawn. A scholarship award balance will not be carried beyond the two-year delimiting date.
- The Dean’s Scholarship cannot be used for summer school or winter-session classes. It is only applicable to the fall and spring semesters.
- The Dean’s Scholarship will be credited to the student’s account at the time of registration and will be applied toward tuition expenses. The Dean’s Scholarship will not apply toward the student activity fees, book purchases, etc.