Which programs at DTS are approved for VA Benefits?
All Master’s and Doctoral degree programs are eligible for VA Educational Benefits. The Certificate of Graduate Studies (CGS) is not approved for VA Benefits.
As a Chapter 33 student, what other financial benefits will I receive?
Chapter 33 students will receive a book stipend and monthly housing allowance from the VA according to their eligibility percentage. You can follow this link to determine current payment rates:
How many credit hours do I need to take in order to receive VA Benefits according to my eligibility percentage?
Master’s Programs – Fall and Spring
- Full Time = 9+ credit hours
- ¾ time = 7-8 credit hours
- ½ time = 5-6 credit hours
- ¼ time or less = 1-4 credit hours
Master’s Programs – Summer and Winter
- Dependent on the length of your course. Please contact email@example.com to determine the necessary credit hours.
- Full Time = 6+ credit hours
- ¾ time = 5 credit hours
- ½ time = 3-4 credit hours
- ¼ time or less = 1-2 credit hours
Which campuses are approved for VA Educational Benefits?
- Washington, DC
- Dallas, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Houston, TX
- Austin, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Spring, TX
Is DTS a part of the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Our institution is currently in the application process for the Yellow Ribbon Program.