The ThM Full-Ride Scholarship
Applicants who want to be considered for this scholarship must be accepted by March 15th.
Description of Scholarship
The ThM Full-Ride Scholarship will be awarded to an entering ThM student who has demonstrated excellent scholastic achievement, committed Christian service, and ministry potential as determined by the DTS Admissions Committee and the Scholarship Selection Committee. Emphasis in selection will be placed on candidates who plan to enter field or church ministry upon completion of their studies.
Provisions and Requirements
- Applicants who want to be considered for this scholarship must have submitted an admissions application and have been accepted by March 15th. It is recommended that applications be submitted and all necessary references and other documents (i.e. transcripts, test scores, etc.) be submitted and complete before March 1st.
- The ThM Full-Ride Scholarship is in the amount of $60,000.00 to be awarded over eight consecutive semesters in the amount of $15,000.00 per year. The recipient may utilize available funds to take summer and/or winter classes to achieve the required 30 credit hours per academic year. If additional funds are needed based on tuition increases, additional scholarship funding will be awarded.
- Recipient will maintain a minimum 3.00 GPA, remain in good standing with the Seminary, exhibit strong Christian character and spiritual maturity demonstrated through service to others.
- Recipient must be full-time (at least 12 hours per semester), completing at least 30 credit hours per academic year and finishing the Th.M. program in no more than four academic years.
- Language courses must be taken in sequence each semester, starting the first fall semester.
- The scholarship award will be applied to the student’s account on a semester basis, first to cover required tuition and fees. Any remaining balance may apply toward required expenses such as books or health insurance.
- If a recipient receives a failing grade in any course, he or she will be disqualified from any additional scholarship money after the end of that semester. If his or her GPA falls below a 3.00 average in any one semester, he or she will be on probation the following semester to bring grades back up to that level or lose the scholarship.
- Award recipients must meet with the Director of Financial Aid upon matriculation.
- Recipients of the scholarship award will prepare a personal and scholastic update each semester to be sent to the donor. Student updates should be delivered to the Advancement Office by November 15th and May 15th each year.
- If a recipient fails to meet the requirements listed above, he or she may forfeit the scholarship.
- A background check will be performed on the award recipient.