Egypt and Nile River Cruise 2024
Join Dallas Theological Seminary on a journey of a lifetime as we embark on an Egyptian adventure February 29–March 9, 2024, in celebration of the DTS Centennial!
We will start in Cairo and explore the Great Pyramids of Giza and the extensive collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities in the brand-new Grand Egyptian Museum. We will also trace the biblical narrative that dates back thousands of years from Old Testament to New Testament Scripture. Before boarding the exclusive Historia river cruise ship, we will enjoy insider access to the Valley of the Kings under the dark sky of night. Our cruise will take us down the Nile as we explore ancient temples, monuments, and islands. Then we fly farther into the interior of Egypt to the fascinating site of Abu Simbel to see the temple dedicated to Pharaoh Rameses II and his wife Nefertari. Before heading home, you have the option of continuing on to an extension to the foot of Mount Sinai! All land accommodations are five-star.
And, of course, our time together will be filled with powerful teaching from DTS President Dr. Mark Yarbrough, who will bring rich devotions and biblical insights.
This is a bucket-list adventure you don’t want to miss!
- Exclusive insider access to the Paws of the Sphinx, an ancient figure shrouded in legend and mystery that has mystified world travelers for centuries.
- A camel ride on your individual “ship of the desert” across the sands of Giza in the shadow of the Pyramids.
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience in the Valley of the Kings under the dark sky of night. The silence and multitude of stars will amaze us and take us back thousands of years!
- A felucca ride down the Nile River to take in the amazing Egyptian sunset. (Felucca: traditional Egyptian sailboat)
- A visit to Abu Simbel, site of two unique temples considered to be the masterpieces of ancient Egypt. One of Egypt’s most unique sites—a must-see!
- The signature DTS experience: powerful teaching from the Word of God!
Optional Extension to Sinai & Sharm El Sheikh at the Red Sea:
- A day trip to the foot of Mount Sinai, where we will gain a greater understanding of the children of Israel living in the wilderness for forty years.
- A trek deep into the Sinai to experience Bedouin hospitality. We will participate in bread making and enjoy an authentic Bedouin dinner under the stars.
- Time for fun and relaxation at Sharm El Sheikh Four Seasons Luxury Resort, a lush beachfront oasis on the shores of the Red Sea.