DEdMin Program Details
The Doctor of Educational Ministry degree program is designed to provide advanced training in the practice of biblically and theologically oriented educational ministry to those actively involved in vocational or bivocational educational ministry. The program concentrates on developing expertise in the biblical rationale, sociological strategy, and practical implementation of those ministries.
The Doctor of Educational Ministry degree is the highest professional degree for those engaged in local church and parachurch ministries, world missions, and similar educational ministries. (By contrast, the DMin degree focuses on advanced training in the practice of biblically and theologically oriented ministry primarily in the context of the local church, and the PhD degree purposes primarily to equip students to engage in scholarly research and teaching.) The DEdMin program is offered “in ministry” rather than “in residence,” as it assumes students will remain in ministry throughout the program and does not require them to relocate to Dallas. It normally requires a minimum of three years of meaningful ministry experience prior to admission to the program. Each course assumes this ministry experience and endeavors to integrate learning with the student’s present context of ministry as well as future goals.
One of the most inviting features of the DEdMin at DTS is that the curriculum is designed with a high degree of flexibility. Of the 39 hours of coursework required for the degree, at least 15 hours are provided for students to customize their programs to their own ministry goals. Three hours are granted for the student’s applied research project and 3 hours are given to directed reading leading to a literature review the student reports in the dissertation project.
教牧教育博士 (DEdMin) 學位是為那些參與於基督教會和與教會有關的文教事工、或是 普世宣教,和類似的教育事工人員而設的最高專業學位。(相較之下,教牧博士(DMin) 學位專注於使學生能在當地教會的環境下實踐聖經和神學為本之事工的進深培訓;而 博士(PhD)學位的主要目的是裝備學生從事於學術研究和教學工作。) 本教牧教育博士課 程並非“在校區居留”的模式,而是讓學生仍然在“原地”一邊事奉一邊學習, 達拉 斯神學院不會要求博士生搬遷到校本部上課。通常要求在入學前至少具有三年的事工 經驗。每門課會採用這個服事經驗,致力於使培訓學習與學生目前服事的環境及未來
達拉斯神學院的教牧教育博士課程最吸引人的特點之一是該課程內容的設計具有高度 靈活性。 在博士學位中所需的39學分的課程裡,至少有15學分的課程讓學生針對目前 所參與的事工提供量身訂製的規劃,以實現自己的事工目標。除了有3學分的課程讓博 士生進行應用論文的研究與寫作外,另外還有3學分的課程是學術文獻閱讀,在指導教 授的帶領下、針對自己的論文內容所進行的文獻研究綜述。 。所有關於教牧教育博士 學位的詳情資料都可以在本目錄中或者直接上網 www.dts.edu/chinese 查詢。也可以與我 們的中文入學部同工聯絡洽詢。
Students in the DEdMin will be able to:
- evaluate their own personal, spiritual, and professional development;
- assess and construct biblical, educational ministries in a variety of contemporary contexts;
- conduct professional applied research within their chosen eld of study;
- manifest a maturing and Spirit-filled character;
- enhance identified ministerial skills such as teaching, leadership, administration, counseling, spiritual formation, educational programming, and communication; and
- contribute to the practice of educational ministry for greater local church and parachurch effectiveness.
The DEdMin program admits men and women who show evidence that they (1) are born again; (2) are of proven Christian character; (3) are endowed with appropriate spiritual gifts; and (4) adhere to the following doctrines: the authority and inerrancy of Scripture, the Trinity, the full deity and humanity of Christ, the spiritual lostness of the human race, the substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ, salvation by faith alone in Christ alone, and the physical return of Christ.
In addition, the following prerequisites apply to DEdMin applicants.
All applicants must:
- normally have at least three years of vocational or bivocational Christian ministry experience;
- give evidence of growth and competence in educational ministerial skills and leadership;
- be involved in an ongoing educational ministry (including lay ministry);
- have an academic record that demonstrates superior ability and shows promise of success in doctoral studies; and
- hold a Dallas Theological Seminary’s Master of Arts in Christian Education (MACE) or its equivalent, Master of Divinity (MDiv), Master of Theology (ThM), or a Master of Arts (MA) degree plus leveling courses as necessary to provide DTS MACE equivalence.
Courses needed to meet the DTS MACE equivalence requirements must cover the breadth and scope of DTS’s curriculum and commitment to Scripture as prescribed by the DMin/DEdMin office and the Registrar’s office. Courses required for MACE equivalence may be earned at DTS, its extension sites, through external studies programs, or other accredited institutions. For more information on MACE equivalence, please contact the Doctor of Ministry office or the registrar’s office
Applicants must supply the requisite written admission materials and must have a personal or phone interview with members of the faculty. Prospective DEdMin students may apply for admission at any time. The deadline for the summer seminar is February 15, and for the winter seminar, August 15. Further details on admission requirements and procedures are available from the Admissions office