Tuition Management Systems (TMS) Monthly Payment Plan
For students who are unable to pay their charges in full at the beginning of the semester, DTS partners with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) in providing a payment plan of equal, interest-free monthly installments. The payment plan can be used for tuition, fees, and DTS Bookcenter purchases. The payment plan allows all students (degree and nondegree) at all campuses to spread educational expenses over 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 10 months, or 12 months.
If your DTS charges (tuition, fees, and books) exceed your TMS payment plan amount, any remaining balance must be paid directly to DTS. Note: A financial hold may apply to your account if an outstanding balance exists.
Your payment plan amount will be applied to your DTS student account prior to the payment deadline of the semester and be considered as a payment. The amount of your payment plan will be applied with the description of “Pay Monthly Pmt to TMS.”
TMS Payment Plan Options
|Degree or Courses||Plan Options||Semester/Term Covered||Enrollment Period||Maximum Enrollment Fee*||Maximum Budget Amount||Payment Due Dates|
|Masters or PhD||3-Month||Summer||Mar-May||$45.00||$8,000||5/15, 6/15, 7/15|
|Masters or PhD||4-Month||Fall||Mar-Sept||$45.00||$8,000||9/1, 10/1, 11/1, 12/1|
|Masters or PhD||4-Month||Spring||Oct-Feb||$45.00||$8,000||2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 5/1|
|Masters or PhD||5-Month||Fall||March-Sept||$45.00||$8,000||8/1, 9/1, 10/1, 11/1, 12/1|
|Masters or PhD||5-Month||Spring||Oct-Feb||$45.00||$8,000||1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 5/1|
|Masters or PhD||10-Month||Fall-Summer||Mar-Sept||$65.00||$16,000||8/1, 9/1, 10/1, 11/1, 12/1, 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 5/1|
|DMin or DEdMin||6-Month||Winter||July-Sept||$45.00||$8,000||10/1, 11/1, 12/1, 1/1, 2/1, 3/1|
|DMin or DEdMin||6-Month||Summer||Jan-Mar||$45.00||$8,000||4/1, 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1|
|DMin or DEdMin||12-Month||Winter - Summer||July-Sept||$65.00||$16,000||10/1, 11/1, 12/1, 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1|
Payment Plan Examples
- 3 month Example: Your Summer bill is $3000, you enroll in a TMS payment plan for $3000. Your monthly payments would be $1,000 ($3000/3).
- 5 month Example: Your Fall bill is $5,000, you receive a DTS scholarship for $1,000, and you enroll in a TMS payment plan for $4,000. Your monthly payments would be $800 ($4000/5).
- 10 month Example: Your Fall bill is $4,800, Winter estimate is $1,200, Spring estimate is $4,800 and Summer estimate is $1,200. You enroll in a 10 month plan for $12,000 with $6000 for your Fall/Winter (Term1) and $6000 for your Spring/Summer (Term2). Your monthly payments would be $1200 ($12000/10).
- Online - dts.afford.com
- If you are a first time payment plan user, select Academic year and whether you are in the Masters/Phd or DMin/DEdMin program
- If a continuing DTS student, log into your account and start the re-enrollment process
- Follow the remaining steps to enroll
- At the end, complete your enrollment and activate your payment plan by paying the enrollment fee.
- Telephone – You may call TMS at 1-800-722-4867 to enroll over the phone
THE TMS ENROLLMENT FEE MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF ENROLLMENT.
TMS ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE ENROLLMENT FEE HAS BEEN PAID.
Forms of Payment Accepted by TMS
Your payment is due each month directly to TMS. Your payment options are as follows:
- If you pay by debit/credit card, you will be charged a percentage service fee.*
- If you pay over the phone through the automated system by electronic check from a checking account or statement savings account, you will not be charged a convenience fee.*
Automatic Draft (ACH)
- No additional fees are assessed.* Must contact TMS to enroll.
- If your enrollment in a plan is after the first month’s payment is due, you must pay the first month manually and start ACH payments with the second month’s payment.
TMS, PO Box 645113, Cincinnati, OH 45264-5113
Delinquent Monthly Payments
- You will be charged by TMS a late fee of $35.00* each month you are late.
- A hold will be placed on your DTS student account until payments are made current.
- Note: TMS holds are through DTS and are not released on your account automatically. If you bring your TMS account current, please email email@example.com and request the hold be released. DTS will verify the necessary information and release the hold if applicable.
- If you become three months delinquent in payments, you will be terminated from the TMS payment plan and the remaining balance will be returned to your DTS Student Account and be due immediately at DTS.
- Returned Payments – TMS charges a $30.00 return check fee.* Return payments include, but not limited to, payments returned due to insufficient funds or wrong bank account information is entered.
*Fees subject to change. Fees are in addition to your monthly payment.
Adjustments to your TMS Payment Plan Amount
NOTE: ADJUSTMENTS ARE NOT DONE AUTOMATICALLY
- TMS Student Support – Login to your TMS account online at dts.afford.com or call TMS at 1-800-722-4867
- DTS Student Account Office – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the adjustment
- Adjustments Limit – There is no limit on how many adjustments you may do and they can be made throughout the semester.
- There is no fee charged for making an adjustment to your payment plan
- For those payment plans on ACH or automatic monthly payments with TMS, adjustments must be completed by the 15th of each month to be in effect for the following month's payment.
- Adjustment Example #1: You increase your TMS plan on 8/10, your increased payments will start 9/01.
- Adjustment Example #2: You decrease your TMS plan on 8/25, your decreased payments will start 10/01.
- Direct Loan Recipients – If you received a direct loan disbursement after enrolling in TMS, your TMS payment plan will be adjusted accordingly or your plan will be paid in full with your direct loan funds prior to any direct loan excess refund being issued to you.
No Adjustment Request Required.
- I want to enroll in a summer payment plan, but it isn’t coming up as an option on the TMS website?
Make sure you are under the correct academic year in the enrollment process. Summer plans are in the current academic year and not the next academic year. For example, if you are wanting a Summer 17 payment plan it would be found under the 1617 academic year and not the 1718 academic year.
- I am a Masters student. Can I use the 10 month plan for only the Spring semester?
- No, the 10 month plan can be only used for the full year Fall through Summer semesters. For a Spring only plan, you would need to enroll in either the four month plan or the five month plan.
- I am a Doctor of Ministry student. Can I use the 12 month plan for only the Summer semester?
- Adjustments are not done automatically. You may submit an adjustment request either with TMS or by emailing email@example.com. If no adjustment is made, a financial hold may be applied to your DTS student account for the balance due. For more information on adjustments, see above.
- I dropped a class and have a credit balance on my DTS student account. When will my TMS payment plan be decreased by the credit balance?
- Adjustments are not done automatically. You may submit an adjustment request either with TMS or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If no adjustment is made, you will continue to make your monthly payments as they are and the credit balance will carry forward to your future charges. For more information on adjustments, see above.
- I received a DTS scholarship and a small outside third party scholarship and have a credit balance on my DTS student account. When will my TMS payment plan be decreased by the amounts of the scholarships?
- Adjustments are not done automatically. You may submit an adjustment request either with TMS or by emailing email@example.com. If no adjustment is made, you will continue to make your monthly payments as they are and the credit balance will carry forward to your next semester charges. For more information on adjustments, see above.
- I have a credit balance on my DTS student account and I want that refunded to me instead of my TMS adjusted. Is this possible?
No, if your TMS payment plan is not paid in full. Therefore, your plan will be adjusted accordingly.
Yes, if your TMS payment plan is paid in full.
- Is the enrollment fee a one-time fee?
- No. Each payment plan you set up requires the enrollment fee to be paid to activate the account.
- I enrolled in a TMS payment plan prior to the payment deadline. Why was I dropped from my classes after payment deadline?
- You may have been dropped due to either 1) not paying the enrollment fee and therefore not activating your TMS payment plan by the payment deadline or 2) your TMS payment plan budget amount did not cover the full amount that was due on the payment deadline.
- Can the due date of the monthly payment be changed from the first of the month?
- No. The monthly payments are due on the first of each month. Please plan accordingly. The Masters/Phd three month plan for Summer is the only plan with the due dates on the 15th of the month.
- I have a Spring TMS payment plan and the last payment is due May 1st. I am taking Summer classes and have enrolled in a Summer plan. When is my first payment due for my Summer plan?
- Your last Spring TMS monthly payment is due May 1st. Your first Summer TMS monthly payment is due May 15th. Please plan accordingly.
- Will I be charged a service fee if I pay my enrollment fee or my monthly payment to TMS by debit or credit card?
- Yes. TMS will charge a nonrefundable service fee if you choose to pay by debit or credit card.
- If I am late with paying my monthly payment to TMS, will I incur a late fee?
- Yes. TMS will charge a late fee if payment is not received on time.
- Will TMS charge a return payment fee if my payment doesn’t go through due to insufficient funds or wrong bank account information?
- Yes. TMS will charge a return fee if your payment is returned to TMS due to insufficient funds or the wrong bank account information was submitted.
- I can’t see my current TMS account when I login to my TMS account at dts.afford.com. How do I see my account?
- You must link your accounts once you are logged in on the TMS website. For help with linking your accounts, please contact TMS at 1-800-722-4867.
- I transferred funds to the DTS Bookcenter, but I didn’t use all the funds I transferred over. What happens to those funds?
- Any unused funds on your DTS Bookcenter account remain on your bookcenter account for your future purchases. At graduation, any remaining funds would be refunded to you at that time.
- I became current on my TMS payments. Why do I still have a TMS hold on my account?
- TMS holds are through DTS and are not released on your account automatically. If you bring your TMS account current and the hold is not removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the hold be released. DTS will verify the necessary information and release the hold if applicable.
- I received a direct loan disbursement. Do I still have to pay my monthly payments to TMS?
- If you receive a direct loan disbursement after enrolling in TMS, DTS will adjust your TMS payment plan accordingly or pay in full your remaining TMS payments prior to any direct loan excess refund being issued to you. Depending on your direct loan disbursement, you may still have to pay monthly payments but they may be adjusted to a lower monthly payment amount.
- Who can contact if I have questions about my TMS account?
- You may contact TMS at dts.afford.comor 1-800-722-4867. You may also contact the DTS Bursar/Student Account Office at 214-887-5086 (800-387-9673 x 5086) or email email@example.com.