Romans 16 reveals a church in which men and women shoulder gospel work side by side. Evangelicalism has a long tradition of godly women serving on the front lines with their brothers. So how can we strengthen the church today as we disciple and develop both male and female leaders? In an oversexed society, how can we model healthy ministry partnerships? A panel of men and women who serve in shepherding ministries including pastoral leadership, authoring, and serving as DTS professors will talk about these topics and more.
· Dr. Sandra Glahn is DTS Associate Professor of Media Arts and Worship. She is a multi-published author, journalist, and speaker whose topics include sexuality, women in Christian leadership, and first-century backgrounds as they relate to gender.
· Dr. Willie Bolden is DTS Adjunct Professor of Pastoral Ministries. After his nearly 40 years of pastoral experience, he has come to see the value of men and women ministering together for the strength of the local church.
· Sharifa Stevens, with a Master of Theology (ThM) from DTS, currently serves as a freelance writer and has contributed to the book Vindicating the Vixens: Revisiting Sexualized, Vilified, & Marginalized Women of the Bible.
· Dr. Barbara Neumann, DTS Adjunct Professor of Educational Ministries and Leadership and former women’s ministry director, is an author and lecturer on mentoring next-generation women.
· Dr. Jim Howard annually teaches at schools in Nepal, India, and Mozambique. He is senior pastor at Dillon Community Church where women have joined their brothers in key leadership positions.
· Dr. Glenn Kreider is DTS Professor of Theological Studies and a contributing author of Vindicating the Vixens: Revisiting Sexualized, Vilified, & Marginalized Women of the Bible.
We'd be thrilled for you to join us for this special chapel event on Saturday, March 3 at 11:30a on the DTS-Houston Campus (7100 Regency Square Blvd, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77036. Lunch will be provided! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org .