The Seminary permits the employment of qualified relatives of employees, of the employee’s household, or immediate family as long as such employment does not, in the opinion of the Seminary, create actual conflicts of interest. More information about this policy is available upon request.
View the employment benefits available to all full-time employees at DTS.
Off-Campus Student Jobs
Find internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer opportunities.
Post or edit internships, ministry positions, secular employment, and volunteer positions.
Part-Time Admissions Associate (Female)
Department: DTS-Houston Admissions
Hours: 15 hours per week (Mon-Thurs; occasional Saturdays)
Salary: $11.00 per hour
Job Description: The Admissions Associate will make contact with prospective students, provide information about DTS, answer questions, provide general follow-up, as well as research and make contact with individuals and organizations to inquire about recruitment events. This position will represent the Seminary both on campus and on the field to the public as well as to other constituencies of the school. In addition, the Admissions Associate will participate in various events and meetings.
Admissions Representative Responsibilities:
- Work with the Associate Director of Admissions, DTS-Houston to develop and execute recruitment strategies in the Houston area
- Research and make contact with churches, individuals, and organizations about potential opportunities for DTS-Houston to recruit
- Represent the Seminary on field visits, including transportation, setup, and takedown of Seminary displays, give counsel regarding degree program choice, answer questions, and provide a tour of the campus
Special Events Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist the Associate Director of Admissions, DTS-Houston in the implementation of Seminary Preview Day events for prospective students
- Help plan, organize, and coordinate all Seminary Preview Day events in Houston and The Woodlands. This includes enlisting volunteers, setting up, communicating with guests before arrival, and evaluation follow-up
- Make contact with prospective students through a series of phone calls that supplement the letter process
- Keep track of phone calls, emails, and texts
- Encourage prospective students to apply
- Learn about DTS programs and admissions policies
- Answer questions from prospective students about DTS and degree programs
- Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor
Job Requirements: The successful female applicant will have a professional degree from DTS or be entering the latter portion of her study. Must be able to work Monday through Thursday and occasionally Saturday and be able to travel locally several times a year. Must exhibit excellent personal relationship, communication, and public speaking skills. Good character, flexibility, confidentiality, discretion, and theological awareness are required. Must be able to lift materials of up to 20 pounds on occasion, including setting up the DTS display on the field. Must be a self-starter who is a fine example of a Dallas Seminary graduate or student. Must be computer literate and able to efficiently use our computer systems to record activities and correspond via email. Creativity, an ability to multi-task, previous recruitment and marketing experience, as well as leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills are helpful. The ability to work with a variety of age groups, previous event planning experience, and a positive experience at DTS is also desired.
A two-year commitment is requested. The Seminary permits the employment of qualified relatives of employees, of the employee’s household, or immediate family as long as such employment does not, in the opinion of the Seminary, create actual conflicts of interest. More information about this policy is available upon request. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The 2016 DTS Crime Report can be viewed at www.dts.edu/departments/campus/campuspolice/dallas/crimereport. A written copy is available upon request by emailing email@example.com. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources. To apply for this position, please download a DTS employment application form by scrolling to the top of this page and clicking on the Employment Application link.
- Houston Campus
- About DTS-Houston
- Master of Theology (ThM)
- MA in Biblical Counseling (MABC)
- MA in Christian Education (MACE)
- MA in Christian Leadership (MACL)
- MA in Cross-cultural Min. (MACM)
- MA (Christian Studies) (MACS)
- Master of Biblical & Theological Studies (MBTS)
- Certificate Program (CGS)
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Programs in Chinese
- Classes in The Woodlands
- Scholarships & Special Offers
- Houston Stories