Accounting Clerk & Marketing Assistant I
The Accounting & Marketing Assistant provides accounting and administrative assistance to the Director of Finance on month end processing, maintaining the general ledger, preparing for the annual audit preparation, help with monitoring of donor funds, scholarships, gift annuities, and trusts, monitoring the various accounts maintained by the Foundation, as well as other administrative tasks as needed.
In addition, this person will work alongside the Executive Director to help implement and manage various marketing initiatives for the Foundation. This may include such duties as proofreading documents, creating PowerPoint layout, planning events, and handling logistical details for various initiatives.
- Associates degree in Accounting required.
- Two or more years of experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and accounting systems
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills with understanding of basic bookkeeping
- The ability to learn new systems quickly
- Understanding of other systems such as Word, Studio Enterprise, and IPHI
- Understanding of planned giving areas such as gift annuities and trusts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
- Ability to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with social media, email marketing and search engines
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong writing and copy-editing abilities
A minimum two-year commitment is requested. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Month end processing –Performing monthly bank and investment reconciliations, processing month end entries and running monthly data for reporting
- Maintaining the general ledger –Processing and recording transactions such as accounts payable, receipts, grants, investment activity, journal entries, and any other transactions as needed
- Help with monitoring and compliance for donor advised fund accounts, scholarships, gift annuities, and trusts –gift annuity and state registrations, trust tax filings, due diligence on grants, keeping data in the system updated
- Helping with preparations for the annual audit and helping with preparation for quarterly board meetings
- Proofread content for grammar and style
- Add creative touches for articles, presentations, and other communications
- Plan and oversee webinars, in-person workshops, lunches, and other donor events
- Assist with social media and website content
- Coordinate the communication and collaboration on project team members