The Accounting Clerk provides accounting and administrative assistance to the Director of Finance on month end processing, maintaining the general ledger, preparing for the annual audit preparation, help with monitoring of donor funds, scholarships, gift annuities, and trusts, monitoring the various accounts maintained by the Foundation, as well as other administrative tasks as needed.
- Associates degree in Accounting required.
- Two or more years of experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and accounting systems
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills with understanding of basic bookkeeping
- The ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience with Windows 10 professional operating system and Office 365
- Understanding of other systems such as Word, Studio Enterprise, and IPHI
- Understanding of planned giving areas such as gift annuities and trusts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Month end processing –Performing monthly bank and investment reconciliations, processing month end entries and running monthly data for reporting
- Maintaining the general ledger –Processing and recording transactions such as accounts payable, receipts, grants, investment activity, journal entries, and any other transactions as needed
- Help with monitoring and compliance for donor advised fund accounts, scholarships, gift annuities, and trusts –gift annuity and state registrations, trust tax filings, due diligence on grants, keeping data in the system updated
- Helping with preparations for the annual audit and helping with preparation for quarterly board meetings