Administrative Assistant II – Chaplain's Office
The Assistant to the Campus Pastor is responsible for managing the administrative responsibilities for the Chaplain’s Office and supporting the Campus Pastor in relational ministry to the DTS family.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience with administration and computers is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Coordinate all aspects of chapel services including logistics, paperwork, inter-department and student group communication, schedules, chapel speaker arrangements/accommodations, and childcare for evening chapels
- Review and answer all chapel correspondence
- Assist with chapel advertising including slides, emails, social media, flyers, etc
- Perform clerical tasks for the Spiritual Life Board
- Collect, compile, and follow up with weekly prayer requests
- Write notes of encouragement, thank you notes, speaker biographies
- Administer chapel reporting
- Prepare and edit official Chaplain’s Office documents
- Manage chapel related finances (receipts, budgets, reimbursements, etc)
- Additional job-related tasks as needed