Bookstore Business Operations Specialist
The DTS Bookstore Business Operations Specialist is primarily responsible for the shipping, receiving, and select operational departments of the store. The Business Operations Specialist will also be involved in several seasonal projects throughout the year such as textbooks, inventory, and events. The Specialist may fulfill day to day functioning roles of the store as needed, such the point of sale, floor organization, and gift/clothing projects.
- Exceptional self-motivation with a high level of personal responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excels at identifying areas of improvement and is able to create innovative solutions.
- Ability to have flexibility within store hours to fulfill scheduling needs of the store.
- Requires flexibility to work events that happen outside of traditional work hours.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excels at working as part of a team and possesses a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to climb up and down ladders.
- Ship, receive, fill orders, and set textbooks
- Run the Amazon account
- Develop a robust knowledge of Booklog
- Create streamlined processes for operations
- Work with the designer to set displays, help with the restructuring of the store, and operating the point of sale as needed