Creative Director (Director of Brand Communications and Creative Services)
The Creative Director (Director of Brand Communications and Creative Services) will be a veritable Swiss Army Knife of skills and abilities. From helping to establish and oversee the institutional visual and written identity and to the crafting of compelling communications, this position requires both a high acumen for visual design and deep expertise in brand messaging and communications strategy. The Creative Director will report to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications and is a high-profile role within the organization. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned strategic thinker, creative designer, and brand messaging master. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be a committed evangelical Christian aligned with the doctrine and mission of Dallas Theological Seminary and have a passion for helping to equip people for ministry.
- Deep expertise with web and/or digital design as well as having above average expertise in print design and art direction.
- Background in strategic communications and/or brand messaging, with strong brand awareness and ability to serve as an effective brand champion.
- Demonstrated art direction, strategic planning, and leadership experience. Ability to synthesize client specs into creative briefs that identify clear design objectives, deliverables, and scope of work. Definitive creative vision and high level of design sophistication.
- Experience producing creative work as part of a branding effort and the ability to apply or enforce style guides creatively while upholding brand identity.
- Deep expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe products.
- Website and html email design and development experience. A working knowledge of HTML and CSS. Ability to translate design solutions across a variety of channels. Familiarity with website front end design, user experience, and WordPress.
- Understanding of digital marketing and/or IxD/UX design.
- Excellent creative thinking skills; adaptability to new technology or communication avenues. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capability for efficiently managing multiple, diverse projects simultaneously and for creating and directing innovative work under tight deadlines. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with a broad range of clients in order to identify and meet specific audience and client requirements. Ability to professionally give and receive feedback from both clients and team members.
- Some publication/editorial design experience.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Passion for biblical education and ministry preparation, and a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- 10+ years in a creative or marketing role, preferably within ministry, higher education, or agency sectors.
- At least five years of hands-on experience creating for social and digital platforms, including websites.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Overall responsibilities:
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion.
- Inspire creative thought and overall design direction for the seminary.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Lead and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral
- Work with the Executive Director on communications strategy for both internal and external audiences.
- Visual Design Responsibilities:
- Provide art direction and brand design direction.
- Establish a design and visual brand identity for the various seminary websites and implement those designs in WordPress.
- Establish and maintain institutional brand identity, design standards, and policies and documentation for the seminary.
- Operate as the brand expert and a major creative resource for the departments. For select departmental creative projects, manage scheduling, research, design, and delivery.
- Execute thoughtful, compelling communication solutions as project lead and/or designer on select high priority projects throughout the year.
- Assist with print publications as needed.
- Brand Communications Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design and development of a wide range of strategic communications pieces for both internal and external audiences.
- Provide ownership and oversight for the design and content of the institutional websites and social media accounts.
- Collaborate with our full team of project managers, designers, writers, and videographers to ensure consistently branded, high-quality messaging across multiple channels that is produced on deadline and within budget.
- Responsible for marketing copy writing/editing and content creation for collateral and documents.
- Lead “client” meetings, strategic planning, and preparation of creative briefs.
- Work with the marketing staff to develop, create, and implement marketing communication materials in support of assigned projects or campaigns.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, oversee and lead the design, social media, and website staff by coordinating team activity and scheduling, matching team members talents to projects and managing time efficiently, prioritizing work assignments, monitoring progress, providing creative guidance/art direction, and mentoring the staff as needed.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff as approved.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company
- Performs other related duties as assigned.