Custodian II – On-Call
The On-Call Custodian is responsible for performing routine cleaning, and Event clean-up when called in, under direction of the Custodial Manager or Director of Campus Services.
- An attitude of support for the DTS mission of preparing men and women for ministry as godly servant-leaders in the body of Christ worldwide.
- An attitude of support for the DTS Custodial Operations mission to provide a safe, clean, and attractive environment for all who are called to minister at DTS.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish tasks.
- An ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters.
- An ability to notice and communicate to supervisor any deficiencies in areas that are not custodial related but in need of attention.
- Consistent punctuality and attendance
- Machines used to clean flooring: backpack vacuums, extractors, scrubbers
- Chemical dilution equipment
- Golf Carts
- Typical equipment/supplies to perform custodial cleaning.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred previous experience but not required.
- Attend all custodial staff and safety meetings
- Empty trash from all spaces
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust/wet mopping floors
- Disinfect/cleaning restrooms
- Clean whiteboards, water fountains, and work spaces
- Fill restroom dispensers
- Dust ledges, countertops, furniture, and desks
- Distribute Custodial Service supplies to closets around campus
- Clean inside Washington Hall and Swiss Tower
- Dust/clean blinds
- Wash trash receptacles and the interior and exterior of windows
- Clean vents, ducts, lights, and overhead items.
- Event clean-up
- Assist other Facility and Plant Operation departments when directed
- Assist other FPO departments (Activities, Maintenance, Facilities) when directed