Perform routine and special cleaning of DTS facilities as a custodial team member under the direction of the Custodial Manager and the Director of Campus Services.
- An attitude of support for the DTS mission of preparing men and women for ministry as godly servant-leaders.
- An attitude of support for the DTS Custodial Services mission to provide a safe, clean, and attractive environment for all who are called to minister at DTS.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish tasks.
- An ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters.
- An ability to notice and communicate to supervisor any deficiencies in areas that are not custodial related but in need of attention.
- Consistent punctuality and attendance
Must complete the following tasks dependably, consistently, and thoroughly:
- Required on a daily basis:
- Emptying trash/recyclables from all spaces (inside and outside); vacuuming carpets; dust mopping/wet mopping floors; cleaning/servicing restrooms; cleaning whiteboards; cleaning water fountains; dusting ledges, counter tops, furniture, desks; cleaning door glass; cleaning elevator doors, collecting litter and sweeping entrance ways.
- Required as directed:
- Responding to and taking appropriate action on reactive calls (e.g. spills); dusting/cleaning blinds; sweeping/mopping stairwells; detail cleaning restrooms, public rooms; washing windows (internal and external); washing trash receptacles; cleaning vents, ducts, lights and overhead items; attending monthly, training meetings, completing New Hire/Refresher training sheet once per year, and communicating any facility deficiencies to appropriate Facilities and Plant Operations (FPO) personnel.
- Follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters.
- Listen to and collect information from customers when approached and work with them to meet their needs within scope of responsibility.
- Assist other FPO departments (Activities, Maintenance, Facilities) when directed.