Event Services Administrative Assistant
This person will be responsible to assist and execute all Event Services administrative details and to assist with the FPO department needs as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport moderately heavy items.
- Must be able to use, in a safe manner, sharp cutting/slicing utensils.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Food handlers credentials or certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
- Assist with the processing of all Event Service Request Forms (ESR’s) by entering them into the Facility Schedule Book and the online master calendar for scheduling, reporting, and tracking information.
- Assist with the schedule and support all non-class events, and non-DTS events on campus.
- Assist with working with the Registrar on scheduling academic events (i.e.-final exams, make-up classes, etc.).
- Assist with the implementation of guidelines and policies for the Events and Catering Department.
- Assist with the updating of the Event Services and Catering Manuals on an annual basis.
- Use the CARS system to schedule events.
- Maintain an accurate and timely work order process for all Facility Services, Maintenance Operations, Event Services, and Custodial Operations.
- Assist with set-up and catering for various events as needed.
- Respond to event inquiries via phone, computer and in person appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with telephone calls and walk-in customers.
- Create the campus facilities schedule to be ready by Thursday of each
- week for campus distribution
- File work orders and Event Services Request forms.
- Cover FPO front desk during the lunch hour Monday thru Friday.
- Run errands to purchase event items as needed.
- Update contact lists for catering resources.
- Participate in, and remain up to date on, FPO safety training.