Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
The Executive Director of Marketing and Communications is charged with overall communications, research-based messaging, and branding activity for the Seminary. This includes marketing for all academic programs in collaboration with the Dean of Enrollment Services. The Executive Director represents and promotes the Seminary, increasing its visibility and supporting the institution’s mission, vision, and goals. The Executive Director leads the development and implementation of the Seminary’s brand/vision, strategy, and public relations campaigns across all media platforms with the goal of attracting the best students, motivating donors, encouraging alumni, and recruiting high quality faculty and staff. The functions and responsibilities above are done in concert with the vision, voice, and tone of the President, which are as communicated and conveyed through the Executive Assistant to the President.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a creative problem-solver and a proactive and strategic thinker
- Must be a strong team leader, an advocate for collaboration, and an encourager
- Must have strong organizational management skills
- Must have five years of experience in marketing, communication, and public relations
- Must have familiarity with trends in higher education
- Must have a broad understanding of American and global evangelicalism
- Must understand the unique role God has given DTS within evangelicalism
- Must be able to sign and agree fully with the DTS doctrinal statement
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or equivalent required
- Master’s degree in Communication or MBA preferred
- Earned doctorate in biblical and/or theological studies preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Frequent movement around campus and walking between buildings.
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant to the President on communicating the Seminary mission, ethos, and vision to internal and external audiences
- Provide leadership and coordination through the Seminary’s communication channels (web, print, video, email, social media) for all major public-facing departments
- Manage the Seminary’s unique brand identity including the look-and-feel, messaging, and voice across all platforms
- Coordinate and implement marketing plans and projects for the seminary and internal departments
- Communicate the Seminary’s position and policies on a variety of issues to the media and to the Seminary’s constituencies
- Oversee crisis communications, working with the Office of the President to craft responses to cultural events and seminary direction
- Advise the Office of the President on current trends in higher education, evangelicalism, and the church worldwide
- Interface regularly with the Office of Enrollment Services, Student Life, campus Deans, Advancement, and the Hendricks Center
- Develop and maintain a strong, efficient, collaborative, and skillful Marketing and Communications staff