Housing Custodian II
Perform routine and special cleaning of Washington Hall under direction of Custodial Operations Manager and/or Campus Services Director.
- An attitude of support for the DTS mission of preparing men and women for ministry as godly servant-leaders in the body of Christ worldwide.
- An attitude of support for the DTS Custodial Operations mission to provide a safe, clean, and attractive environment for all who are called to minister at DTS.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish tasks.
- An ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters.
- An ability to notice and communicate to supervisor any deficiencies in areas that are not custodial related but in need of attention.
- Consistent punctuality and attendance
- Machines used to clean flooring: backpack vacuums, extractors, scrubbers.
- Chemical dilution equipment
- Golf Carts
- Typical equipment/supplies to perform custodial cleaning.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred previous experience but not required.
- Required daily: all 7 floors:
- Emptying trash/recyclables from all spaces (inside and outside); vacuuming carpets; dust mopping/wet mopping floors; cleaning/servicing restrooms; cleaning whiteboards; cleaning water fountains; dusting ledges, counter tops, furniture, desks; moving trash compactor outside for pickup; cleaning areas around garbage chute and garbage compactor; cleaning door glass; cleaning elevator doors, collecting litter and sweeping entrance ways.
- Required as directed:
- Responding to and taking appropriate action on reactive calls (e.g. spills); dusting/cleaning blinds; sweeping/mopping stairwells; detail cleaning restrooms, public rooms; washing windows (internal and external); washing trash receptacles; cleaning vents, ducts, lights and overhead items; attending monthly meetings; Assist removing bulky trash from bulk trash room (e.g. furniture); removing cardboard from collection point; clearing jams in garbage chute; cleaning outdoor equipment (e.g. tables, grills); assisting custodial services staff on main campus.
- Communicate any facility deficiencies to appropriate Facilities and Plant Operations (FPO) personnel.
- Follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters.
- Listen to and collect information from customers (esp. Apartment Manager) when approached and work with them to meet their needs within scope of responsibility.
- Secondary Function:
- Assist other FPO departments (Activities, Maintenance, Facilities) when directed.