IT Infrastructure Specialist
The IT Infrastructure Specialist assists the IT Senior Communications Analyst in the Moves, Adds and Changes of the Campus Network Infrastructure, relocating phones, repairing printers, maintenance with uninterruptible power supply systems, network camera installation and maintenance, wireless access points installation and maintenance, Infrastructure Cabling and Wiring, and to update and keep all data base information related to network changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience working with digital network systems
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above
- Experience with Windows, Apple, and mobile operating systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Understanding and knowledge of general IT standards and controls
- Experience testing and maintaining any copper and fiber cable connections.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
Campus Network Infrastructure:
- Applicant will help in the installation of any new copper Ethernet cabling, as well as any new feeder to buildings.
- Applicant should have experience testing and maintain any copper and fiber cable connections. Install any racks or other support for cable and equipment. Update Visio drawings of the 2 major network rooms.
In addition applicant may be required to help with:
- Help maintain printers and multi-function printer devices.
- Supervise vendor support technicians.
- Relocate Printer/MFP resources.
Wireless Access Points:
- Install, label and test network connections which are required to power wireless antennas.
- Installing wireless antennas where required.
- Documenting locations in database.
- Installing cabling where needed to connect cameras to network and assist in installation when needed.
- Helping install and configure network security cameras.
Uninterruptable Power Supply:
- Change out batteries in UPS equipment.
- Install new UPS equipment.
- Install or replace hdmi, video conferencing, audio speakers/amplifier, other related equipment in DTS classrooms and conference rooms.
- Other job related assignments from the Sr. Comm. Analyst or Director of IT.