The enrollment marketing specialist is a new position designed to focus primarily on marketing initiatives that help drive enrollment and student retention and growth. This position will work with all enrollment marketing initiatives for each of the DTS locations as well as the online, distance education, Chinese, and Spanish programs. Responsibilities include the coordination of content strategy, including website journey, email communications, print communications, multimedia, supporting admissions events, social media content, and paid, shared, and earned marketing. Answering to the newly established Director of Marketing, this position will be a highly collaborative role with a variety of fast-paced and demanding initiatives.
- Critical thinker with excellent editorial, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to write explicit, concise, and compelling content that resonates with target audiences, leveraging analytics, and user testing to gauge the effectiveness.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills. Ability to look at a process as it exists, find new efficiencies, and put those changes into practice.
- Great attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Must be detail-oriented (impeccable eye for detail) with excellent interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills and can communicate effectively with all staff and management levels.
- Experience WordPress or web CMS a plus.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other tools to measure user behavior.
- Strong familiarity with higher education software and practices a plus.
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices and strategies.
- The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity.
- A strong understanding of digital and print media.
- Confidence in building a rapport with others and nurturing good working relationships.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced marketing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Higher education work experience required.
- At least three years of related experience required in either marketing or enrollment management/admissions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Frequent movement around campus and walking between buildings.
- Act as the primary point of contact between DTS Marketing and Communications (MarCom) and the Admissions and Enrollment Management teams.
- Create, maintain, and update an enrollment marketing plan at encompasses all forms of media and communications forms to relevant audiences.
- Helps to develop and execute a multi-channel marketing strategy with tactics including but not limited to search engine marketing, digital display, remarketing/retargeting, and paid social in concert with the Director of Marketing.
- Coordinates marketing efforts based on prospective student user journeys and touchpoints, including website, emails, social media, paid marketing, and print.
- Strategically executes recruitment strategies coordinated and mapped with the Director of Marketing, as well as other key stakeholders.
- Coordinates, develops, and manages all assets of the target nurture streams and comm flows (drip email campaigns) for marketing initiatives within the admissions CRM.
- Monitors, improves, and optimizes admissions webpages (in collaboration with Web Content Manager) to move prospective students through the funnel and provide appropriate information.
- Provide strategic recommendations to improve campaign performance, increase brand awareness, and support enrollment goals.
- Help ideate, create, and curate relevant, personalized, and segmented creative storytelling collateral in an authentic, brand-driven voice aligned with Seminary priorities.
- Provide the MarCom leadership with relevant, point-in-time data on ongoing campaigns by creating and managing dashboards and reports.
- Utilize marketing analytics to incorporate data-driven insights to optimize enrollment marketing and communications strategies using Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and social media insights.
- Conducts research and creates in-depth, data-driven, and informed strategy proposals.
- Work with marketing leadership and cross-departmental staff to ensure critical initiatives for the Seminary are represented according to established brand and style standards of the Seminary.
- Implement key marketing activity in support of admission events on- and off-campus, including open house and admitted student receptions.
- Collaborate with the office of admission on various enrollment activity requiring marketing support, including merchandise.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.