The Media Assistant is responsible for helping students in the computer labs and assisting students with various media needs, such as audio/video recording and editing, creating presentations and helping with software issues related to specific class assignments. Other duties include equipment rental, tracking media usage, answering the telephone, selling supplies, staffing the help desk, teaching training sessions, completing daily lab maintenance and doing other Media Center related jobs as needed.
- Applicants must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and iMovie.
- Experience in media production. (Video, audio and/or photography.)
- Good interpersonal skills—MUST love helping people.
- Good teaching/tutoring skills.
- Desire and ability to learn how to use a variety of software and equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Photography, scanning, video, and/or graphic art experience.
- Familiarity with Logos, Adobe Creative Cloud (including Premier & Photoshop), GarageBand.
- Familiarity with DTS Turabian style.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Assist students in the computer labs using both Mac and PC platforms.
- Gain a working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft Word (especially working with Turabian formatting and the DTS Turabian template), PowerPoint, Excel, Logos, GarageBand, and iMovie.
- Conduct daily maintenance.
- Handle equipment rental.
- Sell media supplies.
- Provide lamination, binding, video duplication, scanning, and passport photography service.
- Assist students with basic video editing and audio recording.
- Teach software training session(s).