Summer Temp Custodian I
Perform routine and special cleaning of DTS facilities as a custodial team member under direction of Custodial Manager and/ or Director of Campus Services.
- An attitude of support for the DTS mission
- An attitude of support for the DTS Custodial Operations mission to provide a safe, clean, and attractive environment for all who are called to minister at DTS
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish tasks
- An ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters
- An ability to notice and communicate to supervisor any deficiencies in areas that are not custodial related but in need of attention
- Consistent punctuality and attendance
Must complete the following tasks dependably, consistently, and thoroughly:
- Emptying trash/recyclables from all spaces (inside and outside)
- Vacuuming, dust mopping/wet mopping floors
- Cleaning/servicing restrooms
- Cleaning whiteboards; cleaning water fountains
- Dusting ledges, counter tops, furniture, desks
- Cleaning door glass; cleaning elevator doors, sweeping entrance ways
Required as directed:
- Responding to and taking appropriate action on reactive calls (e.g., spills)
- Dusting/cleaning blinds; sweeping/mopping stairwells; detail cleaning restrooms, public rooms
- Washing windows (internal and external); washing trash receptacles; cleaning vents, ducts, lights, and overhead items
- Attending monthly, training meetings
- Communicate any facility deficiencies to appropriate Facilities and Plant Operations (FPO) personnel
- Follow oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative and cleaning matters.
- Listen to and collect information from customers when approached and work with them to meet their needs within scope of responsibility.
- Assist other FPO departments (Activities, Maintenance, Facilities) when directed