Department: Theological Studies
Hours: 20-25 Hours
The Administrative Assistant for the Department of Theological Studies (T.S.) provides administrative assistance to the department chair and faculty, including adjunct professors. Various duties include managing faculty calendars and appointments, maintaining department decorum and positive student interactions as office receptionist, maintaining department files, replying to department emails and phone calls, managing office supplies, working with the department chair in various administrative duties including such responsibilities as budgeting, organizing departmental events, catalog updates, syllabus processing, and any other necessary administrative or office duties. This position interacts regularly with faculty, administrative assistants of other departments, staff, students, alumni, and the general public.
The successful candidate will have a college degree or higher and a minimum of three to five years of office experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with little supervision. Must have strong computer, note-taking, and organizational skills. Must be a people-person with self-confidence, self-motivation, flexibility, a positive attitude, attention to detail, and dependability. Discretion, trustworthiness, and a friendly disposition are a must. Must have familiarity with—or ability to develop proficiency in—applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel as well as educational applications used by the seminary like Canvas, Zoom, Lifesize, etc. Must have the ability to work quickly and efficiently with many interruptions.
Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The DTS Crime Report can be viewed at https://www.dts.edu/departments/campus-police/dallas-campus-safety-information/dallas-annual-security-report/ A written copy is available upon request by emailing email@example.com. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-887-5220.
Visit www.dts.edu/employment for an application!
- Assist the T.S. department chair and T.S. Ph.D. studies coordinator on a variety of special projects, including: course evaluation reviews, institutional effectiveness, periodic reports, and special information requests.
- Assist in overseeing the departmental budget and processing credit card statements and other financial forms.
- Assist professors with various administrative duties related to course preparation and execution.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic and paper filing system and records for the department.
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors to the department.
- Interface with professors to prepare and obtain teaching agreements, syllabi, grades, reimbursements, etc.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail for department members as needed.
- Correspond with guest lecturers, special speakers, and department visitors.
- Gather faculty information for regular reports/information requests including: President’s Report, faculty profiles, etc.
- Update calendars with class schedules, committee meetings, office hours, and appointments for full-time department faculty.
- Answer telephones, greet/route visitors, make appointments, and answer questions for students and visitors.
- Provide forms for professors and help route forms for signatures.
- Purchase office supplies and manage maintenance of office equipment.
- Manage graduate teaching assistant and grader paperwork
- Monitor and approve grader time cards.
- Complete administrative and clerical tasks as needed.