Salary: $11.00 per hour
The Administrative Assistant to Community and Church Relations is responsible for assisting in planning chapels and networking with pastors. This position is also responsible for providing administrative support for the Houston Campus Executive Team, including Faculty and Administrators. This position works closely with the Director of Community and Church Relations to support various ministry roles, including the enhancement of the spiritual life of the DTS-Houston campus via chapel events.
The successful applicant will have a working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Must have the ability to plan and execute special projects and be a detail-oriented, organized, and strategic thinker. Must maintain confidentiality with student and departmental records. Must have excellent communication skills and be experienced in creative design (Pages, Keynote, PowerPoint, iPhoto, etc.). Must also have a vibrant spiritual life, servant’s heart, cheerful spirit, and a commitment to a Christ-like lifestyle. Experience with Microsoft Office, a flexible personality and the ability to perform well under pressure is desired.
For the Executive Director of Community and Church Relations:
- Assist in planning, promoting, and organizing chapel events, including coordinating with chapel speakers
- Assist in planning, promoting, and organizing annual pastors event
- Research pastor and leadership conferences for networking with pastors/churches
- Assist in planning alumni events
- Manage Director’s calendar
- Make travel arrangements (as needed)
For the Administrative Team:
- Support the Administrative Assistant pool
- Assist with campus-wide events (e.g. New Student Orientation, Preview Day, Friends & Family Appreciation Day, etc.)
- Support Faculty with various administrative tasks
- Provide hospitality for visiting professors and chapel speakers